Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

antibiotics after oral surgery

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
i was given antibiotics today before having a wisdom tooth extracted. after my surgery, the doctor gave me a prescription for amoxicillin 500mg, 3 times a day for the next 7 days. do i start on the antibiotics now or wait until the next day to start them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2010
In my experience I would start as soon as possible unless its like past 5pm... If thats the case I would make sure to brush after anythings been in your mouth as well as before putting more gauss into your mouth. keep your mouth as clean as possible although it is really hard to keep an infection from happening after the exaction of your teeth it can be lessened by taking good care of cleaning your mouth. You oral surgeon should have gave you a device to reach the extraction site to rinse out the hole! I really hope this helps you out!
|

replied February 8th, 2012
Naval dentistry wisdom teeth protocol
I had my wisdom teeth pulled by a naval dentist and wasn't prescribed antibiotics because he said it wasn't Marine corps standard should he have prescribed me antibiotics as part of the dental practice or not. I am in excruciating pain after 7 days and I'm worried about the open socket being infected
|