Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Anorexia to binge eating. Terrible cycle.

Must Read
Binge eating is the most common eating disorder in the U.S. But what are the characteristics of bingeing? And what risk factors can contribute to the condition?...
What causes some people to binge eat? And who is at risk of developing binge eating disorder? Learn more about what's behind binge eating here....
What signs and symptoms indicate that a loved one is binge eating? Learn which symptoms occur during and after a binge eating episode here....
I have been binging for the past 3 nights. I've eaten anything and everything, and isn't the first time either. This starving and depriving myself, to hour binges have been lasting for the past 9 months. I put back on all of the weight that I ever lost when battling anorexia. I've made up my mind tat I'm not eating tomorrow and knowing that I have gained at least 10 pounds in the past three days, I am probably going to stretch fasting out for the rest of the week. Please help. Any advice at all would be so much appreciated. I DON'T want this anymore. I jus want to see God's beauty in me. But satan is an a hole.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi jennanicole and welcome to ehealth: If you can't control this, then get some help...It is not easy...Try instead of binging to just take a small amount of what you are eating and be satisfied...Conquer each day, one at a time...Don't make a vow and be disappointed...Go it slow, but go it...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2012
Hey I know exactly how you're feeling. I had anorexia for about a year and a half but started recovering and actually felt really good about my body for a short while. But then I started eating chocolate and icecream and things like that again and soon I just couldn't stop: And the binge eating began. Now it's almost every night and I'm becoming more and more repulsed by my body. I've only just started a blog that will chart my journey and hopefully my recovery that I hope will be a place of support for others too. I wish you the best in your recovery and goodbye Smile
|