Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

annular bulge

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have L3-4, L4-5, and L5-s1 has minimal bulges and L4-5 show facet joints have degenerative change. Would this cause constant pain in my back? The dr didnt tell me anything and just gave me a copy of the mri.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2009
Experienced User
According to one surgeon I met with, plenty of people have symptoms like yours with no pain.

Chronic pain comes from chronic dysfunction. This can be constantly contracted muscles, muscle imbalance, poor posture, or unresolved emotional issues. Everyone have some dysfunctions but IME, once you cross the line into chronic pain, you won't get rid of it until you fix your dysfunction.

Focus on the dysfunction, not the diagnosis, if you would like to get better.
|

replied December 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi michelle...
what kind of pain are you experiencing? does it go down your legs? do you get numbness, tingling or changes in leg temperature? did you have accident? what kind of dr. said nothing? did he check your reflexes. did he check sensations in the skin. did he check leg strength? i take it you had an mri. did the dr look at the films? please give us as much info as you can....thanks, ....pete
|