Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

angry for no reason then happy for the same reason i was mad

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
hi am 19 years old and i seem to be angry constantly its been going on for about a year and my boyfriend of a year and a half (great guy) just recently started telling me that i am becoming unbearable i dont know why i am mad or what sets me off i think that i may have what my mother my uncle on my moms side and my aunt on my dads side may have a, a chemical inbalance. i dont full out yell right away mostly i just have an attitude when someone any one speaks to me i am yelling at my 2 year old for playing too loudly or just because he is talking over me and sometimes i dont yell at all when he does it and my boyfriend he is great and i know that he doesnt mean to start arguments but he just talks to me and i cant listen i just get snippy and i dont like doing this because he thinks im toying with his emotions we have just been together so long now that it hurts to hear him say that when i dont mean to be mad and he thinks im toying because im not angry or give attitude when he tryes to talk about it the next day or later that day i dont know what is going on
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2009
"angry for no reason then happy for the same reason i was m
Unless you get your chemicals checked you won't know if you are chemically imbalanced... But anger often is simply your heart telling you that you are unhappy and possibly you're NOT living in alignment with who you are.
|

replied February 19th, 2009
I agree with Liliane...
It doesn't sound bipolar to me. Bipolar Disorder is much more complex than that.
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2013
Experienced User
Right there with you
I have been diagnosed with bipolar for 9 years now - I am 24 and have been experiencing the same problem - it could be depression caused by thyroid problems have you gotten that checked recently? also try to get as much exersize as you can this will help dramatically because you are creating your natural serotonin (feel good chemical) meditating or finding time for yourself may help too - spending too much time with your boyfriend indirectly could cause it too - talk with someone about it or go see a doc - don't be quick to get on any medications without doing heavy research and questioning. I feel your pain and it is really uncomfortable but there is help and it will get better - you just have to have patience which is the hardest thing when you are angry and seem to have no control over it - try eating a more balanced diet as well and cut out caffeine for that can cause anxiety and anger as well - like fuel to a fire almost - when you feel angry look on youtube and type in funny videos and watch till you feel better - sleep is also important more important than anything get on a sleep schedule like 11-8 - at your age the more the better - with summer coming up that shouldn't be hard - I hope you get to feeling better and explain to your boyfriend that he will have to have patience as well - when your feeling angry tell him before you lash out so that way he knows how your emotions are flowing. be well and take care
|