Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

angiomyolipoma (Page 1)

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
User Profile
I just went to the doctors to get the results of an ultrasound I had. They thought it may be my gallbladder, but instead I found out that I have angiomyolipoma in my kidney. My doctor told me it was 4cm in size and that I need to be retested again in 6 months to see if it has grown or not.

My question is...

Is a angiomyolipoma something to worry about. My doctor didn't give me alot of details, just that is was a tumor in the kidney. I worry as the cancer rate in my family is high. Also I am diabetic and I know that some of the medications that I must take can affect the kidneys. If anyone can give me more information about what angiomyolipoma is and how it is treated etc.. or what I can do at home to help I would greatly welcome any information. Not knowing.. and just being told I have a tumor has me stressed out !!!

Karen
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper troinfla
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Angiomyolipoma is a benign tumor, and when asymptomatic and with diameter of 4 cm, doesn't require treatment.
As your doctor has told you, you'll be followed up with ultrasound or other imagining techniques, to see if the tumor is growing larger than 4 cm.
Treatment will be indicate if the tumor grows larger, causes some complications like bleeding, or, if the doctor can't exclude the malignancy (possible cancerous nature).
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Angiomyolipoma
Courtice,
It's April 2011, i have an angiomyolipoma, it was diagnosed in Sept of 2010. I went in the emergency room,not knowing what was wrong with me.(Clueless)I went in with hemmorageing,later had an embolization, blood transfusion, continual blood work, then later ethenol injections into the tumor.The tumor is benign,wa 6"X". With that size and you being a diabetic,you have to watch you diet.I would say seek a nutrienist.I have to eat for the diet of one kidney.All foods really affect me differently now. I stay off of red meats, sausages, enriched white flour,high Vitamin B- intake. Of course drinking lots of water. I go back in every 4 months for a Cat scan. It is becoming more common for women to develop these tumors in the age group of 35-48. Mine is benign, but I worry about it as well.Just watch your diet.If you start getting nauseated regularly ,and throwing up or feel regular pain,then I suggest you go in right away.
I hope things work for you.
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2009
How can the doctor tell if this tumor is benign or cancer ??? I have been told they are just going to watch the tumor currently and I need to have another ultrasound in 6 months. My worry is that cancer runs in my family and I have lost family members because of it. I am scared to just sit back and just wait and see if it grows. How do I know it is not cancer. I do not want to sit back, wait, and then find out I have stage 4 cancer.
Thanks for you assistants on helping me learn about this tumor I have !!!
|

replied May 5th, 2011
I have a 4 cm angiomyolipoma in my right kidney. My urologist says it almost never turns into cancer and usually causes no trouble or treatment unless it gets too big. He also said it's too high of a risk to take it out, and sometimes they just need to take out the kidney if it gets too big. I have had this for many years and it's barely grown. I do get ultrasounds every 6 months to keep track of it. I asked him too about how they know it's not cancer, and he said because cancer is a solid mass. Angiomyolipoma's are just fatty tissue. Hope this helps ease your mind.
|

replied June 7th, 2012
I recently went to urgent care because of pain behind my ribcage, and I found out I have an angiomyolipoma on my right kidney as well. Mine is very small, but my question is, is it something I definitely should have checked out by a urologist? Do they do any kinds of tests or anything, or mainly just monitor the growth?
|

replied April 5th, 2009
Not low fat
I was just diagnosed with the same type of tumor (mine is only 5mm). My doctor wasn't forthcoming with information (other than get another ultrasound in 6 months) but I can tell you what I have discovered online. In ultrasound imagery, different types of materials show up either lighter or darker. Objects with a higher fat content, for example, tend to show up as lighter in color. I'm assuming the doctor who read your ultrasound determined, based on the how the image of your tumor appeared on the screen, that the content of the tumor was consistent with a benign tumor, rather than cancer. There are also probably differences in shape, etc., between a angiomyolipoma and a cancerous tumor. From what I've read, these types of tumors can be successfully identified via ultrasound without additional testing.

I will say, however, that from what I've read that tumors larger than 4 cm or ones that have resulted in symptoms (I'm assuming that if they thought you had a gallbladder problem it was because you were experiencing discomfort) are more likely to be removed. This isn't because they are cancerous or will turn cancerous this is in order to eliminate the pain (if it is bothering you enough to want to go through surgery). Also, larger tumors of this type could hemorrhage. Nothing life threatening in that, either, but apparently something to consider. If you're concerned, you could always go for a second opinion (particularly if you wait a while and you're still experiencing pain).

I hope that helps. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better, soon!
|

replied October 1st, 2009
Angiomyolipoma Kidney
I have to say. I had a angiomyolipoma of my R-kidney. All the scans, ultrasounds, Ct's, Mri's and even blood tests all said I had renal cell carcinoma! they removed my whole kidney and only after pathology did they say it was non cancerous angiomyolipoma. So I have to diagree on the scanning results in my case (showing it was cancer because of the darkness and they found no fat content on any of the scans.) However, they had said because of the location of the tumor they would have had to remove my kidney anyway. You want to make sure your tumor is not near any large veins or artieries where it can cause a rupture orcausing clots. As a matter of fact, they were so sure that I had cancer that they did not want to biposy it for fear of pulling cancer cells to other parts of the body. You need an MRI to show exact location and if it interferes with any other structures, veins/arteries. They also told me that the odd's of getting another tumor are nill. It is 4 years later and another tumor in my L-kidney. Good Luck to you and make sure you cover all your bases, if your not happy and content with what your Dr tell's you then seek a second, third or 4th opinion. I had 3 seperate opinions and they all said cancer and they were all wrong.
|

replied September 27th, 2010
hi, i just had my right kidney removed on 26th august which was also my birthday. i was told i had cancer and only just found out tumour was benign, an angiomyolipoma. dont have any other details till i see consultant on 4th october. im also diabetic.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Angiomyolipoma
I had an angiomyolipoma on my right kidney early April of last year. I had lost a bunch of weight (stress related) and thought I was having some intestinal discomfort. I was giving myself an abdominal massage when I felt an odd lump. I thought it was something to do with my intestines, so I let it go.

After another 3 weeks, the lump was in the same spot. I went to my doctor who also felt it. She sent me for a CT scan. She called me the next day to tell me that I had a rather large (8cm) angiomyolipoma on my right kidney that would most likely have to be removed.

Only being 32, I was concerned that I would only have 1 functioning kidney for the rest of my life. Would the kidney last the rest of my life? Would I have a problem with the "good" kidney over time?

I went for another opinion at a cancer hospital. The Urologist there told me that since it was benign, I had a choice- he could remove the entire kidney (laparoscopically), or he could try to save a portion of the kidney with part of the tumor still attached to it. This would require a traditional cut (10-12 inch incision around the midsection) and doesn't guarentee that they'd be able to save even a small part of the kidney.

I thought about it for a few months. I was not sure which situation would be better. The doctors were sure that it was benign, so the only concern was the size of the tumor and rupture/hemorrhage.

After speaking with a nephrologist about the implications of someone my age having 1 kidney for the next (hopefully) 60 years, I felt confident in making my decision to have the whole kidney removed. I did not want to have to worry about part of the tumor left behind growing again.

I had it removed laparoscopically in November of last year, and have not had any problems since.
I will have yearly blood and urinalysis tests to make sure creatinine levels are low, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about the possibility of rupture.

In talking with 2 family doctors, 2 urologists, and a nephrologist, an angiomyolipoma is a benign vascularized "angio-", muscular "myo-", fatty "lipoma" tumor. And doctors can, for the most part, tell through CT scan the fat distribution which distinguishes it from a malignant tumor. (But as some other posters have said, they were misdiagnosed.)

I know I was pretty scared then, andI hope my small story can help anyone who is dealing with this now.
|
Users who thank Smelly713 for this post: mariposa1 

replied September 7th, 2011
i know it has been almost a year since your post but I found it very helpful since a angiomyolipoma was discovered on my left side. I had diverticulitis and it showed up on an exray. I have since had an MRI and have seen a Urologist who was very vague and cast off any of my questions about symptoms. I have had adominal pain for over a year and have had ultrasounds and colonoscopy. I can feel something on my left side when I sleep and when there is pressure on my left side. I feel like I am going crazy!
|

replied January 4th, 2011
Wish I'd known it was Angio-myolipoma and not renal carcenoma!
I feel so much better knowing other peoples' experience with this same medical issue...a 3-4 cm growth on the top of my L kidney, discovered when I was taken to the ER for intense pain and potential gallbladder issue. They found nothing for that, but by "coincidence" ultrasound and CT tests showed a "worrisome, potentially cancerous kidney growth".

I advocated strongly for myself, seeing three different urology surgeons at different hospitals, who gave me extremely varied diagnoses of urgency and type of surgery required. However, they all agreed that biopsies were not always accurate for kidney growths and that surgery was necessary as the growth was potentially cancerous and kidney cancers do not respond to alternative therapies (chemo, radiology, etc.)

The first surgery I scheduled was for a traditional "open abdomen" procedure which the doctor said was necessary because of location. But, as I'm very physically fit and wanted the least invasive method and fastest recovery, I wisely pursued other options. Thanks to the help of a neighbor who, coincidentally, is head of nursing at Stanford hospital, I found an excellent surgeon who specializes in "minimally-invasive" nephyrology techniques. He assured me that laproscopic surgery WAS possible, and it proved true. Instead of a long gash in my side that would have required a long recovery, I have 4 short incisions and no external stitches. Only 15% of my kidney needed to be removed, so it's fully functioning. I have almost fully recovered with 3 wks (instead of the 6 wks typical of the traditional invasive technique.)

I wish, however, that I could have known before surgery that this tumor was this type of benign growth. None of the surgeons intimated at all that it was anything but "probably cancerous". I've been interested to read about the texture and color of growths as shown on ultrasound or CT's...and I will now ask my surgeon, at my post-op meeting next week, why he was so sure it was cancer and so useless to have done a biopsy (which might have shown Angio-myolipoma).

I would encourage everyone, based on my experience, to 1)ask many questions, 2)do not accept a surgeon's bravado about need for surgery, 3)know that if it's small and early-detected, it is absolutely possible to do it laproscopically (but most surgeons are not trained in this technique), 4)seek out a doctor at a research hospital (like I did at Stanford) as techniques and care are usually more advanced and personable, and 5)do as much alternative healing treatment as possible before and after surgery (acupuncture, energy work, etc.) to have your body and mind in the best possible condition for fast and easy healing.

Had I known that Angio-myolipoma was a possibility (as oppposed to cancer), I probably would have chosen to do only my alternative healing treatments and monitor it's growth for several months, as some of you were advised to do. None of my doctors advised that I wait and monitor it for six months...I bought into the fear of a growing cancer, and chose to have it removed. I'm glad it's out of my body, that I have miraculously healed fast and easily...but, I would have liked the option of avoiding major surgery all-together!
|

replied January 15th, 2011
Surviving GIANT angiolypoma for 29 years.
Hi:
I am almost 72 years old. When I was 42, I collapsed at work in horrible pain. The EMT arrived and found my BP at 60/palp--in other words, I'd lost so much blood I was in danger of brain damage. This was all in 1981 and I was treated at the Nassau Hospital on LI by doctors Sheldon Rudansky and Dong Kim. I had just started a new high-level job on LI when I collapsed. The first test they did was brand-new at the time--a sonogram in which they found the masss had displaced my liver. After weeks of tests (there were no MRIs then and CT scans would have had to be arranged and ridden to in ambulances due to their rarity, and I was too near death for them to allow that,) an angiogram was done and found a giant mass in my right abdominal cavity growing out of my kidney. It had attached itself to the liver bed, wrapped around the inferior vena cava, the duodenum, and the jujunum (small intestine). This GIANT tumor, once removed, was found to be 30 cm long (12") by 15 cm wide (6") by 16 cm deep (6.25"). It was weighed after removal and it weighed 6.25 lbs (almost 2900 grams). In other words, it was as large as some full term babies, yet there was no evidence of it--no bulge, no weight gain, etc. What caused the pain and collapse was that it had several aneurisms which ruptured and I lost a lot of blood internally. Part of a rib had to be removed to gain access to the tumor. The incision for this surgery (which included removal of the remainder of the kidney) begins to the left of my naval, travels across and around the right side of my body up my back at an angle, and almost meets my spine. In other words, they literally cut me in half. I have 32 stainless steel clamps still holding things together in there. I was told this tendency is inherited and someone verified that my grandmother died of a ruptured tumor when I was just a year old. They had no name for hers. But mine was called giant angiomyolipoma.
My message here is that if I could survive that when I was 42 and still be thriving at nearly 72, the prognosis for all those suffering from 4 cm tumors must be excellent. I hope you are all encouraged by this. It was the most amazing discovery at Nassau Hospital (Now called Mineola Hosp) at the time. Anyone wishing to contact me can message me.
|
Users who thank troinfla for this post: doonigan 

replied July 2nd, 2011
i have just been diagnosed with a 20cm tumor still waiting for biopsy but they say it could be angiomyolipoma
|

replied July 2nd, 2011
my first biopsy was inconclusive
|

replied July 19th, 2011
Similar experience - but doubtful about diagnosis
Dear Troinfla,
I have gone through a similar experience, I am 46 years old and last April I was diagnosed with a 38 cm long, 26 cm wide, 20 cm deep Liposarcoma which after surgery and removal of the left kidney I was finally toldt that it was not a Liposarcoma but instead an angiomyolipoma; good news as Liposarcomas are malign whilst angiomyolipomas ar benign... how ever and eversince my surgery I have been doubtful about my tumor been an angiomyolipoma due to the fact that the pathology showed that the reomved kidney had no alterations (was healthy)... as I understand angiomyolipomas come from the kidney... thus kidney must have had alerations... may be my tumor was instead a Lipoma.... Now I am doubtful that the kindney had to be removed - wrong diagnosis as originally it was diagnosed as a malignant tumor.... what do you think?
|

replied July 19th, 2011
if it was a malignant tumor they would have to treat with radiation prior to resection. did you not have biopsies performed to confirm diagnosis? also, angiomyolipomas can generate at the adrenal gland above the kidney. this could mean that your kidney could have been saved.
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Minimal Invasive surgery for Angiomyolipoma
Hi I am a 52 year old fit active woman living in the uk. Following a CT scan in February 2011 I was diagnosed with having a right renal angiomyolipoma, which arises from the lower pole of the right kidney and is 7 x 8cm; the kidney is otherwise normal apart from a tiny stone in the left upper pole. My Consultant has recommended excursion via an open partial nephrectomy. Having read your trauma I feel as you do; I am youngish, fit and a positive attitude (also into alternative therapies). I am reluctant to go ahead with the open partial nephrectomy and suggested he use keyhole surgery; he suggested the tumour was to large! I have read up on this surgeon and notice he is not yet trained in minimally invasive surgery, which does concern me. As like you, I only want the best. My Consultant has confirmed this tumour is benign, resulting from the CT scan. I note you recommended a Consultant at Stanford Hospital, I assume this is the US? Are you able to give me any more details regarding this surgeon, the training needed for this kind of laproscopy? I would be most grateful as time is very precious.
|

replied August 29th, 2013
Stanford is in palo alto, California USA. I am not the one who went there I just live near there.
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
Angiomyolipoma and embolisation
I have an angiomyolipoma which bled, they thought that ihad kidney stones until tthe scan which showed a4cm growth. i had treatment by a radiologist who did an embolisation, cutting off the blood flow to the tumour. thid was done under self adminiterd pain relief and I watched on the screen as wires wereb inserted through the groin and glue used to block off blood flow.. It was expected to take half an hour but lasted two hours. not all blood flow could be cut off as it would hace damaged healthy kidney

The intial bleed had been terribly painful and made me very unwell, I waited three months for the treatment and asked around and got a radiologist who had had experience of embolisation.

I have regular ultrsound and this time a CT scan that has shown some regrowth. I have dragging pain from time to time. there is a risk of another bleed if it gets too big. I would opt for the procedure again rather than have the terrible pain and illness that came with the bleed.
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Angiomyolipoma of the kidney
I two have had embolization of my left kidney hemangioma. Mine is 4x6 cm and my Urologist gave me two options either have the traditional 7inch cut with a partial nephrectomy or try the angioembolization. I opted for the less invasive , the embolization. This procedure took about 2hours. They put a catheter in your groin and go up into my kidney and put hemostatic little spring looking things in the vessels that are feeding my Heman. I stayed over night in the hospital and went home in the morning. I was off work for 2 weeks and have had some nausea which my nurse told me is normal to have flu like symptoms for about a week. The nurse also told me that sometimes people have to have this done more then once. Which i could see myself if neccesary do again. In 3months I will have another ct scan to see if my Heman is shrinking. Lets Hope!
|

replied March 24th, 2011
I two have had embolization of my left kidney hemangioma. Mine is 4x6 cm and my Urologist gave me two options either have the traditional 7inch cut with a partial nephrectomy or try the angioembolization. I opted for the less invasive , the embolization. This procedure took about 2hours. They put a catheter in your groin and go up into my kidney and put hemostatic little spring looking things in the vessels that are feeding my Heman. I stayed over night in the hospital and went home in the morning. I was off work for 2 weeks and have had some nausea which my nurse told me is normal to have flu like symptoms for about a week. The nurse also told me that sometimes people have to have this done more then once. Which i could see myself if neccesary do again. In 3months I will have another ct scan to see if my Heman is shrinking. Lets Hope!
|

replied March 24th, 2012
kidney
hi hilda
i have been going through the same situation as yourself. mu tumour was 15cm and 2 years ago had an embolisation, which was four hours long and i had to stay in hospital a week.. it has started to grow again and my last vist last tuesday to see my consultant has shown iv had a bleed hench the draging pain am getting.. he told me he would see me again in three months time once he has had a meeting with all the consultants. i was surpised to open a letter today from him and hes wanting to see me this tuesday. i feel due to the bleed iv had he may now of decided to remove my right kidney... i am really scared but i know this mayb my only option.. good luck to you and i will keep you informed ... julie in halifax
|

replied April 18th, 2011
Just found out
I was just told I have a 4.63 x 6 cm tumor on my left kidney - they've been looking for the cause of blood in my urine, my urologist is sending me to another specialist and I just came looking for what to expect. Thank you all for sharing your stories...
|

replied May 18th, 2011
I have an angiomyolipoma, I have been geting pain and was sent for an ultrasound, then a CT scan. My GP phoned me to tell me the result. Apparently I have a number of tumours but 1 is on a stalk and needs removing urgently, i am not seeing the consultant until the 7th of June. Has anyone else experienced simlilar? I am a little scared!!
|

replied May 24th, 2011
hi im star 16 years old;
before I had felt something strange at the right side of my stomach(near the kidney)so I told my momma about it so I had a urine test then we found out that i have (critalines?- in not sure about that word but it the word starts with cristal)so we went to see a doctor then he told us to have an ultrasound whatsoever..... then we found out that i had a kidney stone about 1x1'5 cm... so the doctor gave me some medications to take and told me to retun after a few months, so we did but then he told us to have another ultrasound and that's when i found out that i have angiomyolipoma (benign) at the same spot where they said that has a kidney stone and also in the same kidney... so the doctor said maybe there's a mistake cause maybe the thing that they saw in my kidney wasn't a kidney stone but angiomyolipoma or the other way around so for us to be sure he said I need to undergo ct scan(non contrast),,, Long story short: we found out that i dont have kidney stone nor angiomyolipoma....

all i know about angiomyolipoma is that its a fat, it grows some are benign and the doctor said there is no medications for it...but if you want to get rid of it you can undergo surgery but the bad news is that someday it might return.....

i know that what i wrote didn't help at all but there's only one thing that i can do to help you and that is praying,,,... cause I believe that,my mystery kidney stone or angoimyolipoma was gone, dissolved or cured is because of prayer....
|

replied May 24th, 2011
hi im star 16 years old;
before I had felt something strange at the right side of my stomach(near the kidney)so I told my momma about it so I had a urine test then we found out that i have (critalines?- in not sure about that word but it the word starts with cristal)so we went to see a doctor then he told us to have an ultrasound whatsoever..... then we found out that i had a kidney stone about 1x1'5 cm... so the doctor gave me some medications to take and told me to retun after a few months, so we did but then he told us to have another ultrasound and that's when i found out that i have angiomyolipoma (benign) at the same spot where they said that has a kidney stone and also in the same kidney... so the doctor said maybe there's a mistake cause maybe the thing that they saw in my kidney wasn't a kidney stone but angiomyolipoma or the other way around so for us to be sure he said I need to undergo ct scan(non contrast),,, Long story short: we found out that i dont have kidney stone nor angiomyolipoma....

all i know about angiomyolipoma is that its a fat, it grows some are benign and the doctor said there is no medications for it...but if you want to get rid of it you can undergo surgery but the bad news is that someday it might return.....

i know that what i wrote didn't help at all but there's only one thing that i can do to help you and that is praying,,,... cause I believe that,my mystery kidney stone or angoimyolipoma was gone, dissolved or cured is because of prayer....
|

replied March 24th, 2012
hi all nice to read all your messages they have given me hope.... i have a Angiomyolipoma in my right kidney which i have had for 8 years now... mine is inside my kidney and had grow to 15cm... two years ago i had to have a embolisation, which did result in my tumour reducing in size to 8.8cm.. recentley i have been expereincing a dragging feeling and had another CT scan been back for the results and the scan has shown i have had a bleed.. he wanted to see me again in 3 months time thats was last tuesady the 13th march.. i was surprised to see a letter this morning from his secertery asking me to come back this Tuesday 27th March.. do you feel they have decided to remove the kidney am quite worried now.. thanks julie
|

replied July 11th, 2012
Julie/Halifax:
Don't jump to conclusions just because the doc wants to see you asap. It is likely because you have had a bleed and he wants to address that and discuss it with you. I have recently been diagnosed with an angiomyolipoma of 1.8cm. It appears to be growing and I am booked for a CT scan but not until November (?). I think he said he wants a solid baseline from which to observe and if it is obviously growing in size we are to consider 'embolisation' (?) where they inject a glue like substance into the growth to cut off blood supply to it. While I have great faith in this urologist/surgeon, I fully intend to get additional opinions and get it treated as early as possible. I am diabetic and have Atrial Fibrillation being treated by a medication that demands the kidneys be in tip top condition... so I am quite concerned needless to say. I have my creatinine levels tested monthly..so far so good. I want to learn as much as I can about this affliction... any suggestions as to other forums or sites for info on angiomyolipoma's would be appreciated.
|

replied July 12th, 2012
Renal Angiomyolipomata
Folks who have large AML need to take into consideration, a possible diagnosis of tuberous sclerosis esp if there is a family history - I am referring to the post whose writer with the enormous symptomatic AML who mentioned the grandmother as well. Half the pts with large AMLs may have tuberous sclerosis and if this is familial rather than a chance new mutation, genetic counselling and testing may be advised in family members before family planning. If there is an incidental finding of a small AML, be wary that this is usually too small to cause pain. Need to exclude other differential diagnosis. USG and CT are different modalities of imaging and need to go hand in hand. Lesions often picked up on USG are usu imaged further with CT to define the different density of the angio, myo and lipoma (blood vessel, muscular and fatty constituents) - if this is suggested, USG is advised in 3-6 mths to assess for any significant interval size or morphology change. If in doubt, the radiologist will recommend rpt CT. In Aust, hospitals usually hold multi-disciplinary conferences or meetings within a specialty unit to obtain a consensus statement amongst several specialists to discuss difficult cases. Renal biopsy as an interventional investigation has significant risks incl bleeding, damage to surrounding viscera, infection, and thus is not the first line investigation - false negatives or positives also need to be considered. Location of the AML is also impt - if it is in the upper or lower pole rather than mid-renal, it may be possible to have a partial nephrectomy. Sometimes, this may be undertaken if it is enlarging though benign, to avoid destruction of more renal tissue as the AML expands with time. If the lesion is too large, a laparoscopic approach is not possible. Trust this helps some of U. GP Downunder
|
Users who thank travelbugoz for this post: rylilyava123  mariposa1 

replied January 16th, 2013
Thanks for sharing! I am sharing my TS story today .
|

replied July 24th, 2012
Totally agree with you sunnyday24.. I had a partial nephrectomy 8 days ago as ALL my Scans; according to the Radiologists reading the reports, were indicative of Renal Cell Carcinoma. I had NEVER heard of angiomyolipoma until I received a call today from the hospital where I was operated on;to reveal that the tumour was non malignant...and not Renal Cell Carcinoma at all..It can also have a genetic component..I rang to spread the good news,and my Sister younger by 2 years revealed she was diagnosed last month as well with Angiomyolipoma..didn't tell me as I was in the midst of my battle with what we all thought was RCC..I am now recovering from surgery and have to attend a Clinic to discuss further treatment options for the future....My sister works as a Medical Receptionist so has had excellent advice and medical assistance from her employer and friend...I have had it on my mind since last Year! I also re-inforce everything that Travlndancer says...Wish I'd known it was Angio-myolipoma and not renal carcenoma!

Read more: Kidney Conditions Forum - angiomyolipoma http://ehealthforum.com/health/angiomyolip oma-t174475.html#ixzz21XmLGCba
|

replied July 24th, 2012
Oh, and

travelbugoz has stated it all very succinctly!

Just read his post!
|

replied August 23rd, 2012
my wife too has angiomyolipoma of which size is 3x4cm. it surrounds the adrenal gland in cup shaped. she has a pregnancy of 7 weeks on 20Aug2o12. so give us a effective suggestions on this present situation.
|
12 >>