Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

anemia symptoms/leukemia? failure to thrive?

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
My 2yr old daughter recently was refered to a hematologist for anemia. Her lab levels are: WBC 11.8,RBC 2.7,hgb 8.5,hct 23.3, MCV 83, RDW 11.1, plt 373, MPV 6.1, ANC 3.68, lym# 6.1
He want to wait a week since she currently has a upper respiratory infection and see what the levels are then. He believes something chronic is going on, or autoimmune disease.She has not had any major accident with bleeding within the last 8mo.She is also very tiny and they beleive she has faiure to thrive. She has never been a good eater. Please help me find some answers. My mother has sjogrens syndrome.Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2011
My daughter was FTT and anemic as a infant. She now has a severe immune deficiency but otherwise is healthy. Best to just see what the tests say and go from there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?