Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

anemia , bloody mucous discharge

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
Since adolescence, I've had anemia, but approximately a year ago it worsened to one point from transfusion level. Also within this year, I have mucous somtimes tinged with blood discharged about 15 minutes after every bowel movement. My hair also has been thinning.
I had a colostomy about a year ago, but nothing was found. The doctors seem to be perplexed. I eat a healthy diet and try to exercise (though not as much as I used to due to my fatigue).
Anyone have any suggestions of what I should do next? I'm beginning to get concerned. Also, right before I have a bowel movement, I will have extreme pain in my lower abdomen that literally takes my breath away. As soon as I move by bowels, the pain is gone. But at times I will have just a overall soreness that feels like it's in my intestines.
Any type of feedback will be greatly appreciated. lifepreserver
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The most common cause for hair loss is anemia (iron deficiency).
And it sounds like you have a case of IBS, functional bowel disorder.
Many people having IBS have chronic anemia, cause their intestinal wall cells aren't absorbing iron and/or vit.B12 that is in their food.

Contact your doctor!
Solving the digestive problem should solve the case of chronic anemia.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?