Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Anal to Vaginal Sex

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hey, I'm really worried, I had anal sex with my girlfriend 4 weeks ago, I got the head of the penis in, she said it was painful so we had vaginal sex instead, we never used a condom she is on the pill, I now have a sting when I urinate and a orange watery discharge from the penis, I have pain in the shaft of penis which I feel a sting now and then. I also have a "smokey" feeling in my throat, I perform oral sex with her so I now think my throat is infected. Shocked

First time we had sex we never used protection she was taking the birth control pill, we wanted to be intimate without the worry of infection or diseases so I had a sexual health checkup, my results came back as negative for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. I'm faithful she is the only girl I have sex with since we both met and she doesn't sleep around so both of us wouldn't have contracted a STI/D from anyone.

The question is what the hell is going on? Have we infected ourselves from going from anal to vaginal sex? What kind of infection would it be?

I'm making an appointment for my local GUM clinic. I can't tell my girlfriend just now as she is on holiday and I don't want to ruin her enjoyment.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Well Absolutely you shouldn't have anal-to-vaginal sex without thoroughly cleaning the penis. In fact you're much better off using protection for anal sex if you plan on doing it in the future if only for sanitary reasons. However, what you're describing doesn't sound like Hepatitis. It sounds like you've gotten a urinary infection. I wouldn't assume it was necessarily from the anal sex. Your doctor will be better suited to diagnose your problem.
|

So it's a Urinary Infection as what you gather, does the bacteria of the Anus not multiply in the Vagina over time i.e. Anal sex to Vaginal sex, incubation period so that bacteria mutiplys. I dunno what's going on, best just to have a checkup again.

I know my girlfriend has had thrush before, can I be having the symptoms of thrush?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I've never heard of Thrush being transferred contagiously but I don't have a lot of exposier. Looking at a few websites about it, you don't look like you have any symptoms. Urinary tract infections are transmitable through sex you can also get them through personal hygene issues or bladder issues. I suspect them over other possibilities because they're pretty common.

HOWEVER, whatever is going on with you is something a doctor has to diagnose and treat. It could be a simple infected absess in the wall of the urethra that will heal over time or it could be a cancer that is agrivating nervous tissue when you're urethra expands. Your body is malfuctioning and exibiting pain, the universal sign of distress, go see a health professional.
|

So I can really rule out thrush from what I have read up, I don't have any symptoms of thrush.

Now I have discovered my last sexual health checkup I had was only for chlamydia because I have found the sheet I was given at the doctors, it only states Chlamydia no mention of a gonorrhea test.

Looking at the Gonorrhea symptoms, I can relate to that, this morning it was a thick grey colour with no odor though then throughout the day the colour changed to an orange colour and became more watery, the sting seems to be going away but I think it might return in the morning.

Well in the morning i'm going to visit the drop-in GUM clinic.

Will keep everyone posted for information purposes.
|

replied August 13th, 2009
There are usually free STD clinics at the county health departments. They check for chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis, HIV, and syphilis. I wish that it was routine for them to check for the many other bacterial, fungal and viral infections that can be associated with and communicated via sex. (Herpes, for example)
However, at least these things are checked for.
Yes, the bacteria that potentially live in your (a man's) genital tract can/do multiply and live in the female genital tract. The bacteria that are in the intestines can cause harmful infections in other parts of the body, thus we are trained to wash our hands after defacating. The genital tract is an opening into the body just as the mouth, any abrasion to the skin, and your eyes.
You always should wear a condom, always.
Anal sex is usually painful if not done right. First of all, the woman has to be very turned on for it to be pleasurable to her. Second of all, it takes time for the muscles around the anus to relax and allow for penetration. The head of the penis has to be inserted carefully, then wait for her muscles to relax. Then proceed.
TELL your girlfriend asap! She will probably be wise to be checked for all the things you are as well as be treated for whatever the doc recommends you be treated for.
Good luck.
|

replied August 13th, 2009
I have a suspicion I have Gonorrhea, all the tell tale symptoms, sore throat & feeling sick.

I have a GUM appointment tomorrow morning.

I'm left wondering how the heck this came around, I've been faithful.

I can't tell her at the moment she is on holiday with her family, I will have to wait till she is home in 2 weeks, hopefully I will have the results by then.

I'm hoping it's not a an STI but I think it could be!
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
Hey everyone got my results back, they we're negative, turns out the problem I had was due to over ejacualtion, to much activity, I never knew it was possible lol.
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
It's not. But if that Penniccilin shot helped.... good.
|