Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

anal shaving

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Do you shave the area around your anus? (for guys only)
yes :)
no:(
69%  69%  [ 16 ]
30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23
User Profile
do you guys shave the area around your anus? some people thing, that shaving is "girlish or gaylish thing", but of course i don't agree with that, it sounds stupid, because, i'm quite sure, that none of the girl like to look at or to just touch hairy butt during sexual intercourse, also shaving the area around the anus keeps your butt clean and fresh, while the butt, full of hair, needs to be washed every day, even every hour (you know why Sad ) , otherwise it begins to stink Confused and becomes disgusting.
and finally - what do you think about anal shaving?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MikeH90
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2008
:)))
2 topic about ass shaving Very Happy Very Happy interesting
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
ask!!!
here you can write about your shaving problems - like "shavers rash" or something like that so ask and get answers
|

replied June 17th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: anal shaving
storm007 wrote:
do you guys shave the area around your anus? some people thing, that shaving is "girlish or gaylish thing", but of course i don't agree with that, it sounds stupid, because, i'm quite sure, that none of the girl like to look at or to just touch hairy butt during sexual intercourse, also shaving the area around the anus keeps your butt clean and fresh, while the butt, full of hair, needs to be washed every day, even every hour (you know why Sad ) , otherwise it begins to stink Confused and becomes disgusting.
and finally - what do you think about anal shaving?

I shave, it makes keeping that area clean so much easier. I got tired of the hair sticking and ripping. Been shaving it for years.
|

replied June 21st, 2008
No. Ouch. I don't shave my nuts either. Did that once. 987,000 little cuts. Ouch. I'm glad I'm married, and don't have to do this crap to get lucky.
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
2eatoria wrote:
No. Ouch. I don't shave my nuts either. Did that once. 987,000 little cuts. Ouch. I'm glad I'm married, and don't have to do this crap to get lucky.

I believe most do it for hygenic reasons, not to get lucky.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2008
sure, shaved anus is more hygienic, of course
|

replied October 8th, 2008
It's more a comfort thing
The first time obviously was experimental; to see what the shaving fuss was.
And except for some dull-blade+shaving cream razor burn, it was more comfortable: no itchy stray hairs, less sweaty heat, extra room in front.
After getting used to short or shaved hair, it's now routine. The hair even invites itself gone when it gets long enough to tickle the skin.
As far as advice: don't use shaving cream, use lotion, especially cocoa butter varieties, left on a minute or so before you start. And the best view to shave is squatting over a hand mirror laid on the floor.
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
Yep, like it nice and clean back there, no dingle berries and I find it more comfortable. I also not as embarrassed when my female massage therapist is working on my glutes.
|

replied November 9th, 2009
I shave my pubic area balls and shaft also. It feels good and stays clean. I trim all other areas short. To me it looks good and feels even better. No more hair pulls or ingrown hair either. Try it youll like it
|

replied December 8th, 2010
shaving my pubs
i shave my armpits,chest,penis,balls,ass,i use a an electric shaver for all my parts,also i use a bruans shaver i have no problems, i am gay, age 54.
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2010
cleaning that area is good. I do it monthly. As it is obligatory according to my religion.
|

replied December 31st, 2010
I shave because I like the feel. I'm straight and 23 years married. I shave my scrotum, shaft and arm pits...... I do it for me.
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2011
dont mean to sound rude but i shave everrything as well as most of you and the only area i cant shave is the pits. though, i am a straight, in and out of serious relationships, 21 year old guy and after my years shaving ive never found a way to make shaving my armpits comfortable
|

replied July 14th, 2011
anal shaving itchy?
anal shaving sounds like a good idea to me. Im 25 and straight and I want to explore more this area with my partner. For that, we need this area clean, neat, shaved, soft. I guess there could be amazing things to discover there. If not, ask a homosexual guy. Im just to afraid that it is going to be too itchy after I do it, I can't image that. Anybody has experienced that?
|

replied September 10th, 2011
At times it gets ichy and sometimes breaks out a little... It still beats being hairy!
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2012
It's a very narrow-minded notion this one that states that shaving the area around your anus is gaylish or girlish. I shave my ass, armpits, chest, pubis, balls and the area between my legs, and am neither a girl nor gay. I do it for higienical and aesthetical reasons. Bottom line is I feel better this way.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 20th, 2012
I'm very careful when I shave down there. The skin around the anus is very sensitive and can easily be nicked or cut with the sharp blade.

Shaving in the vicinity is ok but once you get close to the sphincter, use a different method like a gently formulated hair removal cream. Just don't leave it on too long.

|