Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Anal sex lead to rectal prolapse ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I'm a gay man and I want to start engaging in anal intercourses. However, reading various articles and opinions on the web while trying to learn as much as I can about anal sex before doing anything, there seem to be a theory that anal sex may almost inevitably lead to rectal prolapse and other serious complications in older age. My question is if this is true and have actual medical base? If consistient (let's say once a week) but gentle and non-agressive anal penetrations throuought the years (decades) may really have such consequences in the end? I'm hoping for the most objective and genuine response possible. Thank you for your time and sorry for my english.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2009
I'm gay also actually and I myself have worried a whole lot about this. I have read a few health articles on it and it seems like they all agree with it. Wish I could give you an answer. To me though, it rather makes sense that something like this would happen. It was designated for exit only. -sorry for a non answerable response. I hate seeing unanswered questions and noticed your topic which was something I worried about myself. Hope someone is capable of answering this. Smile
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Many men end up in diapers and may I add women too....I know of two women that have paid such a terrible price for this invasion of their body...One was abused to the point where her colon was perforated all the way through to her vagina wall...Once the muscles are shot, they are shot...An anus is not like a vagina...The vagina is created to open up for sexual pleasure...The anus is made to hold back the refuse of our body...It only makes sense that once that door has opened too many times, and been abused that the piper must be paid...These are just my thoughts on this and I will be argued with until the cows come home...Yet in my mind I know that 2 and 2 does not make 5....They only add up to 4 no matter how you look at it....They can have stories of this being done for years...To this I say so what...What was the life expectancy then and what happened to their bodies?...
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Experienced User
CarolineEF is very correct. Many men who leave prison do end up in diapers. My advice to Peter is not to try this.
Even once could be one too many times.
|

replied July 5th, 2009
If you work any muscle, it gets stronger. The sphincter would only get stronger as it is used. Rectal prolapse, which is what you're talking about, is actually the lining of the colon coming out of the body. It's NOT the muscle. Prolapse has NOTHING to do with fecal incontinence.

I couldn't find anything about prolapse being linked to anal sex. I DID find it to be linked to straining during bowel movements & a few illnesses. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

As for kaylar & Caroline, they are both confused, sad individuals. Read up before you give incorrect advice.
|

replied July 6th, 2009
Experienced User
nff...I was expecting someone like you to come on with this...You are the one who is wrong. You should read up before giving advice. The anus is not a vagina. But hey....enjoy it why you can...there are diapers in your size.
|

replied July 8th, 2009
natural???
Non scientific : I've heard rumors that the anus needs at least 9 days after penetration to get back in shape...
Scientific : Plus digestive situations can actually make it impossible (constipation, hemorrhoids, etc...)
I could make a list of facts about it but not enough time...
And for the moralists or "common logic keepers" of this thread :
Humans have been transgressing "nature" in many ways from long time ago and simply opposing an opinion against it won't make it disappear.
Surgery for is not natural at all, but not many people are against it...
Anal intercourse under certain circumstances exists also in the animal (natural) kingdom...
We should keep researching and avoid being simplistic...
|

replied July 8th, 2009
Experienced User
excentro; I would suggest anyone who wants to try this walk into a doctor's office. That's pretty 'scientific'.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Kaylar; If you had known some facts about the history of medecine you would moderate your trust to doctors...
The abuses, lobbies (pharma industry), and lack of research of doctors is well known. The truth is not in one place; it is in many places. I don't say anal sex is good but neither the opposite. I suggest we keep inquiring instead of culturally hiding behind opinions...
sunny
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
Experienced User
it would have to be some extremely rough anal to take 9 days, not that I do it all the time but its a special occasion thing and I'm usually feeling normal in an hour or so.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey Pete. Yeah there's a lot of medical thinking that there's a link between anal sex and prolapse. The problem is that there are a LOT of older gay men who have been anything but celebrate that have no problem with prolapse and there are a lot of people who have never taken so much as a wicked curry shite that are falling inside out at 20. Most of the studies performed about anal sex/Rectal Prolapse have been with sex industry workers where there is a strong correlation. If you plan on having your backdoor plowed 40 hours a week they could be applicable to you, otherwise maybe not so much. If you do a web search you can find a lot of articles on this, you'll have to evaluate for yourself if they seem credible. My only point of hesitation is that this is a relatively recent notion, a stronger link between anal sex and Anal Prolapse could be discovered next week. Be cautious, maybe save that for someone who really means something to you.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
anal sex
I am a nurse and i cant tell u for sure anal sex leads to fecal incontinence. the anal sphincter once streched it looses its elasticity. anal sex can cause tears in the rectum which would cause bleeding. so dont try it.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Experienced User
Re: anal sex
nitenurse wrote:
I am a nurse and i cant tell u for sure anal sex leads to fecal incontinence. the anal sphincter once streched it looses its elasticity. anal sex can cause tears in the rectum which would cause bleeding. so dont try it.

Poser.

People like you is why there is such a distrust in the real people of the medical profession.

The sphincter stretches and rebounds every time you have a bowel movement. This "nurse" would have you believe that stretching the sphincter, which is what happens when you have a bowel movement, is going to make you incontinent.

Sure, anal sex can cause problems...if it's not done right. All the stuff you hear is always the bad stuff. Seriously, guys in prison? Not like that's going to go well anyway. It happens quickly and often times its more than one person doing the raping. It's not like theres time for foreplay or lube. Those men are brutely raped and damage is done. The damage to the sphincter is the culprit. If done right, there shouldn't be any damage. Maybe some small tears and a couple of days of being sore or something but that also occurs in vaginal sex.

Prolapse during anal sex happens during anal sex, not after. It is caused by either not enough lubrication and when the penis is withdrawn it pulls the lining out with it or in some cases a larger than average penis, again, with not enough lubrication. BTW ladies...there is a chance for vaginal prolapse as well for some of the same reasons. The main cause of rectal prolapse is weak pelvic floor muscles and the most commonly afflicted... middle aged to older women (about 75 percent)
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
i dont think she was 'posing' Jinjer!?

Dont know why your being so nasty, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
Experienced User
BumbleBeeBounce wrote:
...everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

yes, when they are opinions. nitenurse isn't giving an opinion, shes telling people not to do it and pointing out that she is a nurse like it means something special. sure, probably (s)he has seem some crazy s*** related to anal(no pun intended) but keep in mind, nurses tend to see the bad side of things more than good.

I wouldn't go to the hospital to tell them I just had a great anal experience and that I was feeling fine.
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
Well, as a nurse, I'm sure nitenurse has seen and listened to people when they were most vulnerable, and maybe someone said, "Hey, see how my ass is all farked up? Anal sex...".

But go ahead and tell her she doesn't know crap.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Experienced User
This is one of those topics where you have to use a lot of common sense. Let's take John, his penis is no bigger than his middle finger.
Well, if he's behind you...that is one whole story. But let's take Jack.
His penis is ten inches long and as as fat as a jelly jar. (He's Jamaican). Now if he's behind you, there's a different situation...right?

Take George, he's a big guy, so John is no more than a thermomitor to him. Jack now...that's going to take some careful manuevering.

Take Tim, his small and slender. John is just right, and Jack will put him in a hospital.

Ive seen enormous guys, big fat tall talking about anal sex like it is one size fit all, and seen some slender guys like Tim who has never dared try it.

If one goes to their doctor ... and let's assume as he's your doctor he knows about you and is treating you...he can be of some benefit
to help you make up your mind.

Just dismissing the medical profession like that shows the kind of bush ignorance expected two hundred years ago.

You know, back in the 30s women went to doctors before they got married to make sure everything would be okay when they had sex and the doctors spoke to them of lubrication, of relaxation, etc.

Today, the homosexual man is supposed to have found a doctor who will speak to him the same way.

A lot of people have hemeroids and don't even pay much attention to it, so imagine what would happen on your big night if there's blood everywhere...

Just calmly find a doctor you can talk to, and get his one on one advice.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I've been pretty quiet about folks that have been claiming that anal sex is an abomination but I'm seeing a lot of folks who seem to think they have all the answers and that none of them involve anal sex. None of you have had a 1-on-1 with the creator of the human body, and if you believe you have you have your own problems to deal with. You don't know that an anus isn't designed to receive a phallus and be used as a sexual organ. You have no explanation as to why the mouth you seem to think is a perfectly acceptable sexual receptical can't grant the recipient an orgasm yet somehow the anus can. If you bother to look in the toilet after defecating you can see how wide your anus dilates daily. It's silly to think a penis has some magical ability to destroy your ass. Be educated about the risks of anal sex and how you can mitigate them, just as Kaylar has said every 4 posts, talk to your doctor about what you can do to look after yourself. Use common sense and just like millions of Gay men around the world you can have a very normal and very healthy sexlife.
|

replied July 14th, 2009
NB: my spelling is not the best as I am francophone Wink

Okay, so I am a young University student and I took Human Sexual Behavior at the University of Ottawa (with professor Dr. Peggy Kleinplatz) the issue of anal intercourse was brought up...

IF it is done right meaning the penetration is : consentfull, LOTS of lube (lube lube and more lube)and the anal opening is stimulated before hand with steralized fingers or a small steralized toy - there is NO health hazard to anal sex !!!

I have done it with 3 partners to date, and it was great! Truth is, you might not enjoy it, 2 of my male partners (as I am female) did not like it since it was "too diffrent" for their taste. However, my current who was very hesitant at first... really enjoyed it.

My advice, follow the 4 steps : waterbased, sugar free lube, stimulation, penatration, and MORE lube - take it slow - listen to your body, if it hurts : STOP. ALWAYS use protection : with a compatible condom.

Preferably: take an enema before hand (to clean out your system) - or simply clean the area with baby soap and warm water (rinse well) and share the experience with someone who cares about your well being and pleasure and whom you are at ease with.

That said, enjoy !

Oh and ignore those moralistic people Wink and so called nurses/health care personel - they are not sexologists like Dr.Kleinplatz
|

replied January 21st, 2011
Rectal Prolaps Prevention101
A real Register's Nurse honest answer: Most prolapses occur in children and geriatrics. However, over the last ten years I have been in the medical field; I have seen quite a bit of prolapse in Homosexual men and I am here to inform you the in can be treated at home and there are ways to avoid it in the future. If anal sex is your preference it is important that like all muscles in the body it is important to stretch the muscle for at least five minutes...You should consider it as foreplay and enjoy it because a little preparation goes a long way....Make sure you get to at least two fingers comfortably before continuing on to any type of add'l anal play such as devices or anal sex. Another way of keeping from having a problem it to do Kegel exercises. It is actually just a loosening and tightening of your pelvic and anus muscles and you can do it while driving or just sitting. If you do it continuously throughout your day it can prevent a lot of problems in the future.
As for treating prolapse, it is quite easy: Simply heat a towel with warm water and position your self with your knees to your chest and simply use the heated two to place it back through the anus and reheat and hold the towel there for about five to ten minutes. Oh� and try to remain as relaxed as possible although I know it is not the most comfortable position and for that I am sorry.
If you any questions feel free to email...I hate when people miss inform gay males on purpose, the world is full of jerks and I am sorry for that.
|
12 >>