Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Anal leakage after BM (Page 1)

User Profile
Hey everyone!

So I have a few hemorrhoid questions as I have them. I'm 17 years old and would prefer not to go to a doctor unless it's absolutely crucial. It's pretty embarrassing to talk about to my dad.

1. Do I have a hemorrhoids? If so, are they internal? My symptoms are occasional blood on the toilet paper (usually once a week) with a burning sensation near my anus after the bowel movement. Itching and so forth. Once a week it hurts a bit to sit or walk around. I also have light red marks on the inside of my butt cheeks on both sides. I've had this problem for half a year, I think.

2. If I do, how do I stop anal leakage? This is really my biggest problem. I have anal leakage after a BM and it's really embarrassing. I can't stand it.

3. I've recently started to take warm baths for about 15 minutes once a day. Sitz bath in my bathtub. Is this effective for ALL kinds of hemorrhoids?

I live a pretty inactive lifestyle, but I've been getting better. I'm starting to add fiber to my diet to reduce strain when I have a BM. I sit down for most the of day in my computer chair, but for a month I've been sitting on a pillow because I heard it would help.

Any help would be appreciated. It's starting to drive me nuts. I want the anal leakage to go away very badly as well as the symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JavaMissus
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
I guess my first question would be are you having anal sex with another male?...Or have you?....If not, then you may want to go and have this checked out by your doctor...Sitz baths are very effective in shrinking them...They usually brought them back inside the anus when I was bothered with them...However, another thing can cause trouble with hemorrhoids and that being straining...Like weight lifting and such...Anything that pushes your rectal area out will do it...Seeing you are having this after a BM you may also be having this problem inside your anus...

Stay on top of it...Ignoring a problem will not make it go away...Peace of mind is worth it's weight in gold...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
No, I'm not having anal sex with another male. I've been eating more fiber lately so I haven't strained when I have a BM nor do I lift weights etc. My main lifestyle is just sitting around on my computer chair unless I go somewhere/work.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
Good...Check with your Pharmacist...See what he/she says as far as ointments....Relax...Don't worry...Use fibers, but not too many as this again could cause another problem...If it continues see a doctor...
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Is this hemorrhoids or Pruritus ani?
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
I would suggest you talk with a doctor about this...This you would have to have checked out....
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Is there any way to stop anal leakage? Before I go to a doctor? It's really bothering me.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
What is this leakage you are speaking of? Are your bowel movements watery? Or is this just something that happens when you aren't having a movement? Sitting for long periods of time on hard chairs can also cause hemmorhoids. Us the pillow, get some Prep H. don't eat things that causes them, like anything that makes your BMS hard, and always wipe good! Also, if it doesn't go away, check with your doc, like Caroline said.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
My BM's vary. Sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're watery. I drink lots of water (usually 4 bottles a day) and I've been eating about 10-20g of fiber per day.

It happens when I'm not having a movement, but happens after I think. The back of my underwear has a stain and it smells really bad. I wipe really good so it's not because I'm wiping bad. I think the medical word for it is "fecal incontinence" but I don't have it to the degree it comes across. I'm able to control when I go to the bathroom, but there's always this leakage that makes a stain and smells awful.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Well, if you can't control it and it happens often, you might want to think about using some kind of disposable barrier between your skin and your undies so they don't get the staining. Maybe try cutting back on the fiber just a bit. If movements are watery, they can leak. If they are firm, it's not as easy to leak out.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
What do you think is causing it? Your best guess?

Hemorrhoids or watery stools?
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Watery stools of course! hemorrhoids are just raised protrusions around or inside your anus. They don't leak that I know of.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Well, what I've heard is that the hemorrhoids don't allow the anal sphincter to close or something like that.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Don't know...I've had em many times and never had that problem. I'd check with the doctor, or at least research it online to find some answers.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Haha, unfortunately I've done a lot of research and I've found no true solution.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Next step..a call to the doc..
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Hmm, yeah that's probably gonna be my only solution here about that.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Hey read this...does this apply to you? Second part to follow:
Five Foods That Cause Anal Leakage

When a consumable makes it necessary to buy new underwear, you just know something ain’t right.

1.) Once You Pop, You Can’t Stop
Oleastra, a.k.a Olean, a.k.a “Unwashable and Indestructible Ass Grease” is found in numerous “light” and “fat-free” potato chips. An indigestible molecule, it inhibits the absorption of vitamins and minerals causing abdominal cramping, loose stools, gas, and perhaps most notoriously—anal leakage. Yet, despite its infamous reputation, the Olean Web site reports that over five billion servings of the fart maker have been served … and continue to be served. No wonder Pringles Fat Free Chips are in the same aisle as the adult diapers.

2.) Becky, Look at Her Butt (… did she sit on a piece of pizza?)
The diet drug Orlistat (Xenical) works much in the same way Olestra does—by blocking absorption of fat. But when you eat half a tub of fried chicken, the grease has to go somewhere; that somewhere is usually your underwear, or if you’re lucky, the toilet. According to the makers of Alli, the over-the-counter form of Orlistat, you may experience “oily spotting” and “loose stools” and may recognize the undigested fat in your toilet because it “looks like the oil on top of a pizza.” We can’t say we weren’t warned … but pizza? Why’d they have to go there?

3.) Hook, Line, and Stinker
Escolar, sometimes sold or served under the name Hawaiian walu, butterfish, and super white tuna, is a deliciously light and buttery fish with one small problem. It contains large amounts of gempylotoxin, a waxy ester that sometimes causes the consumer to have abdominal cramping, diarrhea, and a telltale orange oily mess that destroys undergarments and dignity. In 1992, the FDA advised against supplying the problematic fish, but the agency has since relaxed its provisions. Escolar (and a related species with similar consequences, oilfish) is available in restaurants. Since the fish doesn’t cause the negative ramifications for everyone, ordering it is like playing Russian roulette … with your bowels.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Part 2:
4.) Too Good to Be Poo
Damned sugar-free candies. I was halfway through the bag before I read the warning (small, on the back, carefully worded): “Consumption may cause stomach discomfort and/or a laxative effect.” This should really read: “Consumption may cause your abdomen to extend as if volleyball had inserted itself there, and may cause a whining and hissing noise to emanate from bowels before a prolonged and painful bought of terrible flatulence.” Sure, sorbitol, and other sugar alcohols like xylitol and mannitol, may have fewer calories, but it’s not really worth it if you have to spend the rest of the day quarantined. A laxative in a candy—someone is having a really good laugh at my expense.

5.) The Juice Is Loose
Used for decades as a natural laxative, a tablespoon of mineral, castor, or jojoba oil will result in loose stools; a few tablespoons more and you’ve got yourself a problem. The indigestible oils may be cheaper than a bag of fat-free potato chips, but aren’t as much fun going down.

Perhaps the message from all these anal leaking ingredients is moderation—too much of a good thing really does come back to bite you in the ass.

Hope this helps you some...nighty night!
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
And may I add, being stressed out as you are is making it much worse...If you think that it isn't hemorroids, why not go the other way and try to bind yourself up...The burning could be the action of the feces if has not all be cleaned off...This could also be the red marks...Vaseline over the sore area is very soothing....I would try some binding medication that the Pharmacist suggests...See if this helps...I'm guessing, but this is what I would do...Either way, good luck...

Caroline
|
12 >>