Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Anal discharge , irratation and bleeding

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For about two months now I have had blood left on toilet paper after bowel movement. Reading up on Hemorrhoids, I don't have any problems making the movement. I also have red irritation around my anus which also looks like Hemorrhoids but was throws that one for a question is I have just started having a light brownish liquid discharge from my anus. I find myself very often having to clean up. I hate to make a wasted trip to the doctor but I have no clue what I'm facing. Any suggestions/help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Since it has been going on so long, you should see the doctor soon. It's probably just hemorrhoids, but the doctor can give you medication to clear them up that you can't get over-the-counter. I know it's embarrassing, but they are very common. The doctor will also want you to take measures to prevent them in the future, such as drinking more water, eating a high-fiber diet, and not straining when you "go."
|
Did you find this post helpful?