Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

an oblique tear through the posterior horn...

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I'm a boy of 24 years old )
This is the report: There is an oblique tear through the posterior horn through the medial meniscus extending to the posterior meniscal root and also extending to the tibial articular surface. There is also associated relatively large 2.8cm multiloculated parameniscal cyst posteromedially. Normal apperance of lateral meniscus.
Nomal apperance of articular cartilage t..ioen and patellofemoral joints. No joint effusion. No marrow oedema...
IMPRESSION oblique longitudinal tear trhough the posterior horn of the medial meniscus with associated...

Please kindly help me, I will meet a doctor in one month, but what I would like to know now is:

1) It is a really serious thing? How grave it is my situation? I will be able to have my knee 100% fixed or this thing it has damaged forever my knee? It will never be 100% perfect again my knee?

2) What kind of treatment they will do in order to " fix my knee " ? I mean, one surgery? more surgeries? Which kind of surgery?

3) In your opinion, after the meeting with the hospital and the begining of the treatment, how long it would take before i will be able to have my knee in a good condition? And how long to playing again sport?

Sorry if I sound really tragic but I really feel in a grey mood after the report...I hoped was something less serious...I will really appreciate your help, im already grateful for you attention and im looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely
Leopoldo..
Did you find this post helpful?
|