Medical Questions > Mental Health > PTSD Forum

an ex-marine and he has anger issues!

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
My husband is an ex-marine and he has anger issues since before we were married. Now that he is a civilian little things set him off and his anger is worse. He had a bad day at work today because he did not sell a lot at work so he comes home and starts yelling at me, then he tells me to stop crying and walks away like nothing happened. I don't know how to confront him about his anger if I tell him to go get help with anger management he could possibly take it the wrong way and be mad at me for who knows how long but he does see a VA therapist for his PTSD but hasn't been in a few months. He's anger has gotten to the point where I am fed up but I don't want to leave and give up on him because he needs my help. I just don't know what to do anymore when he shuts me out. I need advice or words of kindness to help me through this. I have read all the books and online forums about military spouses coping with PTSD and cried my way through it all because I know it is all true.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2011
PTSD Answer A25026
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

I am sorry to hear about your case.But your partner definitely needs therapy and medications as the symptoms can get worse and lead to anxiety and severe depression.First of all you need to be strong and do not take his words to heart.You have to make him understand that everything would be fine and make him built his confidence by boosting his good work.Be close to him and tell him that medications will help him in overcoming the anger as this can affect his work also.If you be polite and make him feel that you love him I am sure he will listen you.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluatio.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our PTSD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.