Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

amyloidosis AL

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
hi,
my dad has recently been diagnosed with amyloidosis AL which began bby effecting his kidneys, he is reciving chemo but this is touch and go every month as his white cell count keeps on going border line to reciving the next batch. recently he has been unable to control his nervous system and is unable to control his grip and keeps on getting cramo. the other day he had his rountine blood test and later that day he shook a friends hand and blood squirted out where they took his blood. he has also been EXTREAMLY out of breath and struggles to even talk on the phone. i was hoping for advice as i am not 100% sure of how long he may have left.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2017
It is unfortunate about your fathers current medical condition.

The prognosis and probable survival of the patient can be explained by the treating doctors based on all the lab results and imaging studies they may have done at the hospital.

Hence consult the treating doctors for proper help.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.