Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Amlodipine and Simvastatin and their side effects

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
User Profile
Can these medication cause side effect such as memory problem, dizzyness, tiredness and loss of appetite.
I have been told by my family that I look and act like I have been drinking a lot.
If these are side effect of the above med are there other med to try that do not have these side effects?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2008
High Blood Pressure, Hypertension, High Cholesterol Answer A4170
I am under a doctor care for the above conditions; but the medication seems to be causing side effects that i do not tolerate well

Amlodipine can cause dizziness and Simvastatin can cause tiredness and memory loss as side effects. You didn’t tell me for how long you've been taking these medicines and when these symptoms occurred so I can’t be sure if your symptoms are due to the medicines you take or to something else. Anyway, there are many other medications for high blood pressure and high cholesterol that you can try.

You should consult your primary health provider about your symptoms and other medical options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.