Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Am I the only one who had few problems Post Surgery?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I did have the Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery despite My 11/25/11 Post '50 Years to Diagnose Gall Stones.' Also had ERCP preformed prior to the GBSurgery. Problems were only Ultra Severe Pain in Recovery Room due to Pancreatitis; and 2 days on liquids because of the Pancreas Inflammation. I believe a total of only 1 or 2 weeks of Surgery Pain? One or two days of severe Bloating. And the Incision Site still feels like a bruise for a couple of hours after getting up. But none of the horror stories that some people have experienced. It's been 6-1/2 weeks now and eating is pretty much the same prior to surgery: My body simply doesn't like most foods; Always been that way. My digestive system still can not tolorate Fiber at all, and fat is still a minor issue and pretty much all foods (as before) simply cause discomfort or the moderate pain that I've had for several years now after eating. But so far, I haven't gotten the Horrific Pain Episodes, which is why I agreed to the surgery. Blood work done on Liver/Pancreas enzymes are ok. So, I guess it simply doesn't get any better than this. That's ok with Me as I'm used to this. As long as I never get a Horrific Pain Episode, I'll live. I had a strong feeling prior to surgery that the only relief I would get were those terrible pain attacks and I was right. (p.s.) Nobody really knows Your body like You!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2012
Experienced User
Sounds like you actually had (and have) it worse than most people, but then it sounds like you had complications anyway. The majority of people report a big fat zero problems beyond a week or two of recovery. If you press them on it, up to nearly half of people will report something not quite perfect with their digestion, with perhaps 1 in 20 having significant problems requiring longterm treatment or management. I'll sit in the "mostly OK, but not quite perfect" camp but then it hasn't been a year yet.
|
Did you find this post helpful?