Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

Am I depressed? Bipolar? What!?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hello,

My name is Chris. I'm 24 years old and an undergrad going to a community college. My girlfriend and I broke up after a rocky two-year relationship. Prior to this was a 5-year relationship with another ex. Now, I am single and lonely. It is extremely different from any form of depression I assumed I had in the past.

I barely eat, don't sleep, continuously cry, my grades are being affected. I have no motivation. Don't talk to people much unless I have to. I am trying desperately to keep it together with school. I keep having these pseudo panic attacks where I have to pause. I get into these deep thoughts of doom and sadness. I'm growing way too tired for this.

My college doesn't have any programs or support for mental health concerning students. They send you to a third-party where you have to pay out of pocket. I am broke. What is up with me? I just want to function. The few friends I have I don't want to go to. They are a bad crowd, drugs etc.

Any advice?

- Chris
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ephemerallife
|

replied October 20th, 2010
I think you should do what your body, mind, and heart is telling you to do. Once you do that your problem will be over. Remember listen to yourself, go somewhere peaceful and find yourself. Give your love to those who deserve it, put aside your "problems" and in time everything will kick in. Also you only live once so don't let anything take your peace. You are free, free to decide how to feel, live, and so on...
|
Did you find this post helpful?