Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Am i bipolar? Am i insane?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I'm 17 and I always get angry and upset for no reason. my mood changes so easily. Everytime i get angry i throw things, and i often imitate strangling and killing someone by punching the walls and strangling the pillows. I've been experiencing chronic mood swings since i was 14. I get hyper, then i'd get really tired to the point where i lose interest in the things i enjoy doing. Then i'd be really happy at one point, then after a few minutes i'll get so angry that i'll start crying for no reason. I also constantly think of ways to kill myself. I even tried slashing my wrists once and overdosing on pills and i also hit myself. I have no idea what's going on with me. It's getting worst! I'm also hurting the people around me...when someone asks me a question i would just yell at them. I also tend to talk to myself out loud, sometimes i ask questions in my mind then i would talk out loud and answer myself. I even laugh or yell at myself without knowing that i'm doing it. Am i insane? People around are starting to get scared. I have no idea what's wrong with me. I just pretend that im alright in front of my peers so that they wont find the need to ask questions. I've also noticed that im beggining to get anti-social. Sometimes i run to my bedroom when there are visitors, i'd also reject phone calls. I also sleep in a lot even if im not tired. I recently missed 52 days of school because of this. I used to be so interested but now im just always angry and upset. I hate myself all the time. I have no idea what's going on with me. I'm getting really tired of this because it happens so often almost every week. I can't take it anymore, im hurting my family and frankly they'd be better off without me. My moods are changing a lot and im crying a lot for no apparent reason that it results in constant migraines. I wanted to go to a doctor but we have financial problems. Somebody tell me what's wrong with me PLEASE. I wasn't like this before. I need help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|