Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Am I anorexic??

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I'm a teenager, 98 pounds and I'm 4'11. Ive been going through alot and sometimes I use food to get through it. Like by starving myself. It makes me feel like I'm in control of something. And also I come from a big family and i feel like that if i get really skinny and faint and get taken to the hospital i'll get a lot of attention. I'll starve myself for a few days then ill just get so hungry ill eat tons of food then ill feel really guitly so i'll run 5 miles then i wont eat for a few days. This keeps going on and on! Idk what to do. Am i anorexic?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi soccergirl88...No, I don't think you are Anorexia yet, but you could be...You are fooling around with something that you shouldn't be...You are not only looking for attention, but playing with a damaging habit that can affect your health...Why not stay on an even keel....Eat normally and make yourself comfortable in your family....Get a hobby...I don't care if it is reading or collecting something...But, take your mind off of yourself...Honey, be happy....These are great years you are in....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: soccergirl88