Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Am I anemic and what should I do?

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
Hi, I began wondering if I was anemic a few months ago when someone told me I looked pale enough to be. Recently, I looked up a list of the symptoms of anemia, and found I suffer from random feelings of fatigue, a very pale complexion, orange spots in front of my eyes almost every time I stand up, and occasional lightheadedness.
I spoke to my mum about it and she told me there is a history of borderline anemia in her side of the family, but when I spoke to my dad about seeing our local GP for a blood test he didn't take me seriously, putting most symptoms down to me being only 14 and my hormones. Could someone please tell me if these symptoms are enough for me to consider having anemia? Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|