Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

always worrying about my mum dying, does anyone feel this to? ):

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
nothing is wrong with her.
she's been in hospital alot of times though.
she smokes too.

but her health is fine.
but i have anxiety, and everyday i develop a new fear, or a new worry.
and i always worry about my mum dying. i never want it to happen.
i never want to go through it, and i know i'm going to have to one day.
and i know it's going to be a long time away, cause i'm only 17 and she's almost 50.
but the thought of it frightens me so much, that sometimes i start crying, and can't breathe.
does anyone know how i can get over this fear? ):
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Merissa
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Hi girl,

I am Merissa, an online counselor. I think you are having an anxiety problem which may be causing your panic attacks (episodes of breathing difficulty).

Do you often or regularly think of bad things happening to or around you? If yes, you may even be suffering from an OCD that has to do with consistent negative thinking and imagination. This can explain for your constant fear of your mum dying when she is not.

The root of the problem may be some past experiences/traumas that may cause you to have issues with people dying, people leaving you or a loss of control.

Do you have the fear of loneliness and helplessness? Do you always have the worry that you will have no one to turn to when things turn bad? Are you afraid of losing control of yourself and the things around?

I want you to know that you are not alone in this. Do not worry or be scared. Why not you contact me and I can follow through with you? I am a online counselor and we provide free online counseling for people in need.
|

replied February 8th, 2010
im like too, its horrible and i dnt knw hw to get over it sorry Sad
|

replied March 1st, 2010
You sound like me. Death and sickness is all around me but not in my family yet and that makes me think that It will happen to my family next. I don't know how to stop this thoughts. I am a happy person before I got this and I want this out of my life. Sad
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2012
ceazy mother 67
hi i have a question for many years my mom has done this and i am so tired its like she looks for fault or somthing wrong or touched and blames the person for it when the person has not done anything to her or messed up anything some days she is so sweet then a week or 2 later somthing can be messed up like a mark on the wall or a crack outside the door and she will blame somone for doing it....what is wrng with her then she is nice for awhile then she will find somthing else and start all over the again with the same thing.....
|

replied April 5th, 2012
I compleatly understand how your feeling I get unbelievably upset about loosing my family members I also constantly worry about my health im constantly convincing myseld I have cancer or that im going to die I have two young daughtera one is 3 one is 10 montha old I am only 22 I got married in august last year and sadly lost my nan three weeks before I was crushed and I feel terrible that I feel like this I shoukdnt even be thinking about dying when I have a responsibility to my girls im in tears for days I go through stages where I cant breath I spend days lookin at my daughters trying to hide my tears and how scared I am that I might not be around to see them grow up its terrifyingyou are not alone I understand how you feel its a horrible devastating way to live I hope you find some reasurance lots of love jess
|

replied April 5th, 2012
I compleatly understand how your feeling I get unbelievably upset about loosing my family members I also constantly worry about my health im constantly convincing myseld I have cancer or that im going to die I have two young daughtera one is 3 one is 10 montha old I am only 22 I got married in august last year and sadly lost my nan three weeks before I was crushed and I feel terrible that I feel like this I shoukdnt even be thinking about dying when I have a responsibility to my girls im in tears for days I go through stages where I cant breath I spend days lookin at my daughters trying to hide my tears and how scared I am that I might not be around to see them grow up its terrifyingyou are not alone I understand how you feel its a horrible devastating way to live I hope you find some reasurance lots of love jess
|