Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Always scared

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hi I am 29. About two years ago I was on a family vacation and had what I call a mental explosion of fear and terror and pure dread. I now know it was probably a really bad panic attack. However it was not like any i have ever experienced before. I felt like I was going crazy! Ever since then I have never been the same again. I am on an Anti Depresant which did put a tiny band aid on it. I still suffer so bad and no one knows. My family does not want to hear about it. It is not that they don't love me they just don't get it. My insurance does not cover mental health. My are has a mental heath assistance office. I tried it but it was really rady and they were very mean to me so I never went back. I am always scared. Just a lingering fear that does not go away. I am very irritable. I have a hard time concentrating anymore and my memory has gotten worst. I am very depressed anymore. I used to dream about relationships and starting a family. I don't dream anymore. Actually I fear my future. I fear change. I fear stress. All I want to do is sleep. I am very restless and very impatient. I am so afraid of getting worst. I have some characteristics of OCD. I have a few phobias like I am afraid of being confined or trapped. I am afraid of elevators and flying. It is almost like something snapped in my mind and I can't seem to get it back. Does this seem like Generalized Anxiety Disorder or something else? Is there anything I can do to relieve the anxiety or depressed fellings. Thank You so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Honestly this seems like anxiety disorder to me. I have GAD a and don't have to visit any mental health professionals to get the medication I need. My GP takes care of that as a lot do nowadays. It might be worth it to describe how you are feeling to your family doctor and explain your lack of mental health coverage. It may help, it can't hurt at this point.
|
Users who thank Soulhavoc for this post: baileymae100101 

replied April 19th, 2010
Hi thanks for responding! I think that is what it is too. I worry about it being something else too. It makes you feel like you are loosing your mind at times and it is very scary. I go to my GP for my medication. I am on Citalopram generic for Celexa (anti-depressent) I feel like I am more depressed now then ever.
|

replied August 13th, 2013
Look at your diet, your environment, and your daily routine. There is a ton of information out there about the manufactured food phenomena, heavy metals poisioning from environmental toxins (body and household products, like soaps and toothpaste, etc.) and vaccinations, side effects from pharmacuticals, etc. that lead to mental disorders after years of exposure. So the meds that you are taking as a "band-aid" for the problem are in and of it self part of the problem. You have to rid your body of toxins and start putting only whole, real, farm raised, homegrown foods in your body (NOTHING processed including wheat, dairy, soy, caffeine, refined salts and sugars, etc) to balance out your hormones and help your body absorb the nutrients you need. The best thing to do is to follow the paleo diet for mental and physical health. Our minds and bodies are all one and the same. We cannot neglect our bodies by subjecting them repeatedly to poisons and expect our minds to stay healthy. It's one organism. And its very important to build a daily routine, including sleep and exercise at the same time each day, to help regulate your body's internal clock. Look at the research out there that proves our bodies do best on a predictable daily routine. Idealy in sync with the earths natural rotation around the sun (get up early, go to bed early, get 8 hours of sleep). Most people who struggle with anxiety and depression also have trouble sticking with a routine. I am speaking from experience here, from someone who has struggled with anxiety and still does when I allow myself to slip from my healthy routine. Health is not a static state of being, it requires commitment to daily (good) habits otherwise things go sideways quickly. Good luck!
|

replied August 13th, 2013
this is exactly how I feel right now!
|

replied August 26th, 2013
Sometimes people break. When I broke, my parents took me to the hospital and they tried to put me on Celexa, but it made me feel so sick. Then they switched me to Welbutrin. I have a question for you, do have a huge fear of dying?
|

replied September 16th, 2013
Start doing yoga and meditation, hope you will get well soon.
|