Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Alternatives To Gall Bladder Surgery

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Last winter I became very ill. At one point I thought I was going to die. The doctor told me that I needed to have my gall bladder removed and all sorts of tests were ran. I read many forums from people who had their gall bladders removed and they had a lot of health problems such as weight gain, diahrrea, fatigue (just to name a few). This scared me quite a bit as there's no way to reverse it once it's done. So then I started researching alternative remedies. There are a lot out there. I've tried quite a few of them and I have to say that they DO WORK. I never had the surgery. I helped myself get better though taking supplements. I feel so much better now! I feel back to my old self again. I am not here to sell anything. Just to offer people hope who want to salvage their health.
Gall bladder problems can exist even if stones do not show up on an ultrasound. There can be sediment and the bile can be thick, like sludge making it very hard for the gall bladder to squirt it out. It slows down the digestive system and estrogen accumulates in the bile and liver causing anxiety, and making the gall bladder/ liver even more sluggish. The whole digestion system can slow down causing a build up in the intestines causing similar symptoms to appendicitis (which I had) and often unnecessary appendectomys are perfomed.
The idea to help yourself is to get that bile thinned out, or get those stones dissolved and get that gall bladder contracting. If it does not contract, it can get worse and even get infected. There are herbs and supplements that can do all of these things. There are even ones that help calm the attacks and help with pain. The one that has worked very best for me is Chanca Piedra. It helps with pain and dissolves stones and thins out the stagnant bile, increasing function and out put. But there are many other alternative remedies such as taurine, vitamin C, peppermint oil, turmeric, milk thistle, there are also product formulations containing several herbs. And other things you can do to help is getting exercise and making sure you get enough healthy fats in your diet to contribute to healthy bile.
A no fat diet in my opinion is the worst thing you can do for your gall bladder. That just puts your gall bladder in a more stagnant situation where it is not getting exercise. It needs to be contracting. Get that bile moving. There is a lot of information out there, but you have to look for it. Take charge of your health. Don't just sit back and let someone else do the driving with your health - you may not like where you end up when the trip is over.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sassykat1
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
Thanks for the great info!
I do not want to have my gallbladder removed unless it becomes absolutely necessary and have been looking at other alternatives today. I will read about and try some of your suggestions and I appreciate the encouragement to do so! Thanks, Donna Kay
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Acupunture
I suffered from gallbladder problems quite a long time. I really did not want have surgery. I tried remedies and weight loss and a couple of other things, which did have some effect but not for very long. Until I tried acupuncture and massages, which I was taught by this website It did help, as I have been pain free since. But of course it could come back. But for now, I am really pleased with the result and just happy I do not have to go under the knife for the time being.
|

replied March 12th, 2011
Thank you Sassykat! I completely agree with you about taking charge of your own health. I am in the throes of searching out alternative remedies. I have never heard of Chanca Piedra. It is hard to know what to try - let alone how much of it to use. I feel like I am all alone trying to be my own doctor. It's scary. There is so much conflicting information - who do you trust? What sources did you use to find your info? If you have a specific website, books, or other sources, I'd love to know. I am even looking into a naturopath. Thank you for your inspiring message.
|

replied January 16th, 2013
Gallstones
Hello,

SassyKat- I have gallstones and they bother me every single day. I am 27 years old and have NO quality of life. I was told by the ER that aside from the actual stones IN my gallbladder, ever organ INCLUDING my gallbladder itself is extremely healthy. Did you have actual stones and did you have proof of them on an ultrasound. If so, can you show some form of proof that your stones are gone? Have you had an actual comparison ultrasound that confirms that your stones are gone? I can't find a single thing on the internet from a single soul showing proof of their stones being gone after any treatment other than surgery. I DO NOT want surgery. I have a naturopath that is treating me but I don't feel like I'm actually get anywhere with it. If you could please respond I'd be very grateful. Thank you.
|

replied January 20th, 2013
I managed my pain effectively for over a year with acupuncture and herbal medicine, I was very reluctant to have surgery too, but at the end of the day the stones were still there and would flair up from time to time. I choose to have them out. I am still healing, so can't say yet weather I regret it or not, in six months I will let you know. I lost 7kg, moved to a healthy eating style and tried a bit to get fit, one thing I would say to you before undergoing surgery get fit and exercise as you need your arms and legs to support your full body weight post-surgery, and I cannot do that. Treat it like you are training for a marathon. I would have trained harder if I had known the effect surgery has on incapacitating you. I chose to have them out as I felt that them inside me was not a good thing (like something rotting inside and would only fester) and I didn't hear bad things from not having a gall bladder. Acupuncture and herbal medicine is really great, but you have to alter your diet for good. It depends on the size of your gall stones too.
|