Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Aloe vera and digestion

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
What is the health benefits of aloe vera
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
One thing I like about it is that when I get a burn it takes away the pain! Smile There are more than 300 species of Aloe vera, with four of those having medicinal value. According to British researcher Dr. Peter Atherton, "Aloe vera's use as an aid to beauty and skin health is certainly not new and mankind has benefited from its internal and topical effects for at least 4,000 years.

Most noted for its external benefits, Aloe vera has been used successfully for a variety of skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis, acne, chronic itching, skin ulcers, and burns. In addition, aloe can be used internally for asthma, sinus congestion, arthritis and gastrointestinal disorders like gastritis, diverticulitis, and inflammatory bowel syndrome.

Acemannan, an active ingredient in aloe, has been shown to be a powerful immune stimulant providing anti-cancer and anti-viral effects. IN one study, aloe gel was shown to have direct anti- inflammatory activity. "As well as being used on it's own, aloe gel had been successfully tested as a potentiating, biologically active vehicle for hydrocortisone," according to author and medical herbalist Rowan Hamilton, M.N.I.M.H.

Some cases of hypersensitivity to aloe have been reported. Some adverse reaction can be traced to inferior, poor-quality products. While aloe taken orally on its own can cause severe abdominal cramping, most oral aloe products contain fennel or other compounds to eliminate cramping.
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
Re: Aloe vera and digestion
Hi,
Razz
According to me there are many health benefits of aloe vera. There are many products that are herbal and made 100% completely using aloe vera extracts.Aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice are the products that are used to give your digestive system better. The elements present in aloe vera is capable to give you the required energy with weight loss benefits. Drinking 1 ounce a day is a suggested amount one can intake to get the better health. It is a multipurpose herbal product that is frequently used in the Aloe vera skin care products.
|