Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

Almost 22 ..never had a boyfriend.. Im tired of looking.

User Profile
My life has always been really hectic with all the responsibilities that I had on my shoulder.... When I was 17 I moved to US and I had to take care of my dad and I was getting ready to graduate from high school... When I went off to college I was just starting to have some fun ... but it was at the beginning of the second semester when my mom was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer, and ever since my life has changed in many ways.In college there were few guys who liked me , but since I knew they were not my type I just pushed them away. My biggest problems are my self steam and my social skills, I always think I am too fat and ugly for any guy and I cant seem to be able to show my interest to guys that I like..As I said in the few past years my life has been a challenge .... I am a full time care giver now, I moved back to home with mom which is a challenge because I cant connect with people here... I am taking my classes online.. and so I am always too busy to meet anyone here. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to be single for probably few more years maybe 5 or 6 ...but its so hard for me to be ok with that.. with the situation that I am in right now, I some times just need some one to hug me and tell me that they are going to be there no matter what. I just want support from some one more than a friend.... and its so frustrating that I don't have it. I just dont think if I'll ever meet anyone. Im so damn tired of looking for the "one"..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Justme42
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
If you have faith in God, and if I were in your shoes, I would start praying God to send me a right man for my boy friend. Not all men are created equal. So, if you just want any boy friend, he could put your self esteem even worth. I would imagine you want a boy friend who is supportive and good for you.
Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
I know life can deal some pretty bad blows. I think you are a wonderful person to give so much of your time to help family. I think that shows you have a great deal of compassion. At times, we all need a “pick up” in life. We see only the bad things that stare us in the eye on a daily basis and wonder if we can ever move on. I truly believe things happen for a reason. Some are good and some are bad. We just don’t know what we are really supposed to do, more like lost in the world. Some people look at a person on the outside and judge from what they see rather then look at what a person has to offer on the inside. I have come to realize that no human is perfect no matter how they try to look it or act like it. Time counts and keeps counting. We never no where it’s going to lead us. I truly hope you can hang in there, find someone to talk too and the time to do it. Easier said than done. I know.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
First off honey, let me start off by saying you got your answer, "but its so hard for me to be okay with that" if you know that you won't be okay with it, then go look! Sometimes we know what we want but we just hesitate to look for it or even try harder. I know it's hard in your situation honey you got people to take care of, but everyone does, because this is what we call "responsibility". Our life is to short to give up on, you should never give up! For us to enjoy our life we must "climb the ladder" and aim for something bigger. So don't stop looking and plus your only 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|