I eat wheat bread, wheat waffles, wheat... well, everything, on a daily basis. But a couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend picked up some unprocessed organic wheat flour to make pizza dough. And while I was eating the pizza, my mouth started stinging. I foolishly ate a couple more bites, and the stinging got worse and worse until I couldn't stand it anymore. I then realized that my mouth was bleeding, and when I checked in the mirror, I had cuts all over the top of my mouth. The only ingredient in the pizza I had never eaten before was the flour.
So, my question is: do I actually have some sort of wheat allergy? In the mean time, I have eaten my normal wheat stuff (wheat tortillas, wheat bread, etc.) and haven't had any reactions as per usual. Was what I experienced even an allergic reaction in the first place?
Obviously, we will never buy that kind of flour again, but now I'm worried that maybe I'm developing an allergy to wheat that I didn't have before and should cool it on the other wheat products I eat all the time? Or maybe it's just the "unprocessed organic" wheat that I need to watch out for?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/experiences/advice on this!