Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Allergic to something in my bedroom?

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I may be allergic to something in my bedroom, but I don't know what it could be. Every time I'm in my room for extended periods of time, I get the following symptoms: dry lips, dry hands (mainly on knuckles), and dry nose.

My nose is the most affected by this because it gets dry inside and outside. I've also managed to take a look up my nostrils and my nasal passages are red, but I don't know if this is normal. I've tried several nasal sprays for a couple of months, but they didn't work at all. I've also tried antihistamines, which I THINK worked, but I'm not 100% sure. I've also tried a humidifier, which somewhat works.

Like I said, the problems only occur when I'm in my room. I recently gave my room a really big clean to get rid of the dust and whatnot, but it didn't work. I haven't tried washing my carpet yet. Do you think I should? I just want rid of this annoying problem for good!
Did you find this post helpful?
|