I was out drinking the other night. I was drinking vodka which I havent drank in forever. I got really sick, ended up blacking out. When I woke up the morning after my facebroke out all over my fore head and my cheeks with bumps. Like a rash and its dry and itchy. Would you say it was an allergic reaction? if so do you know a remedy that can cure this asap!!
No! Technically, "allergy" can only be a reaction to a protein. Allergy-like reactions to something which is not a protein are relatively common and are often due to some form of toxic metabolic deficiency (e.g. gout, phenyketonuria, phorphyria). That is, due to certain metabolic deficiencies, your body does not normally process certain substances which you ingest--e.g. alcohol. And as a result, these substances lead to toxics--and even autoimmune reactions, which can be very serious. This problem may be of genetic or acquired origins. There are over 50 known forms of genetic toxic metabolic deficiencies--read about them. Knowing your "family medical history" can be extremely helpful to them and you. So, don't be bashful about asking and keep a written record of what you experience and what you learn about your family. Sometimes metabolic deficiencies can be treated--sometimes not. Stop drinking alcohol and do some homework. Contrary to those who agree with the premise of US government's "HIPPA" laws; keeping one's medical history and medical treatment a secret has resulted in a lot of needless suffering and misinformation. I for one, would vote for the repeal of HIPPA.