Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Alcohol and effects on body

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Hi, I drank alcohol heavily for last 3 days and now I have itchy skin, muscular soreness in my arms and pin and needles in my hands...could this be because of all the alcohol I've been drinking recently?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Karm01
|

replied October 20th, 2016
Heavy alcohol consumption may cause health impacts.This skin problem in your case can be because of alcoholism. Alcohol can lead to swollen skin and bloating plus it makes you hungry.Sometimes it leads to skin rashes and even worsen already existing eczema.
|

replied November 16th, 2016
Hello Daveyboyharry,

I think you are facing these effects because of binge drinking on 3 consecutive days. Pruritus or itchy skin can sometimes occur due to the buildup of poorly metabolized substances like bile salts, histamine, corticosteroids, and opioids. These can stimulate nerve endings in the skin and cause itching and the ‘pins and needles’ effect in your arms and hands.

The best suggestion I can give you is to try and quit alcohol, gradually of course, because excessive drinking can have serious effects on your health in the long term.
|

replied November 28th, 2016
Experienced User
heavily alcohol effects your body very much so you must avoid it as soon as possible.
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2016
Itchy skin is usually a sign of alcohol poisoning. Take some benadryl. Go to an aa meeting. It is the first step to recovery.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2017
Experienced User
Alcohol is very harmful drug like poison but you drunk it heavily. Heavily alcohol drinking has made itchy your skin and other problem so please avoid it quickly.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2017
Hii Davey,
Alcohol act as poison if it is taken in lots of quantity, so avoid taking too much as we know access to anything is always dangerous.
|
Users who thank Karm01 for this post: Divya001 
Quick Reply