Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Albumin / Creatinine test results

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I got some test results yesterday. While I think they might be out of range, I'm not sure if they are in range, slightly out of range or significantly out of range.

Here they are:

Microalbumin (mcg/ml) = 697.8

Creat UR (mg/dl) = 78.5

Albumin/Creratinine (mcg/mg) 888.9

I hope to hear from the doctor but right now I'm curious as to the significance of these test results.

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did you hear from the doctor today?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
No, not yet.
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi
I'm not sure either. Are those values in micrograms? How many micrograms in a milligram? Unfortunately, every lab is slightly different in their ranges. You can ask them what the normal range is. My lab usually tells me what a normal range is for tests that I have. When do you see your Dr.?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Here's what's on the lab slip:

Microalbumin (mcg/ml): 697.8 Range: 30-300
Creat UR(mg/dl): 78.5 <30
Albumin/Creatinine (mcg/mg) 888.9 >300

I see him again in three months - unless he calls. It's been several days so I'm beginning to think he may not call.

Thanks for your help.
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
You should call him.
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I agree you should call your doctor with the levels being what they are and the range, it sounds like you the doctor should at least return a phone call.

Does the slip mention anything about GFR or BUN?
|
Quick Reply