Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

after orgasm the discharge was very very light pink?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hello,
I don't have insurance and my husband and I can't really at this point afford expensive tests and doctors visits. I am asking this to see if the following issue can be taken care of at home. I understand the best thing is to go to a doctor. Ok my issue is: I had intercourse with my husband last night and after my orgasm the discharge had a very very light pink tinge (looks like i'm spotting very lightly). Didn't want to freak out so I went to sleep hoping it would be gone in the morning. When I went to use the restroom this morning, the discharge was alllmost clear but still had some pink in it and I have some very light crammping. I just want to make sure I shouldn't go to the emergency room now. I know the chances of me being pregnant is almost none. I am on ortho tri cyclen lo AND we have always used a condom.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A32561
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Vaginal bleeding/spotting during or after intercourse that you describe is not normal and could suggest chances of infections, internal injury/trauma, cervical erosion or dysplastic changes, uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps, endometritis, ovarian cysts, hormonal derangements affecting the bleeding pattern, anemia etc. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the abnormal vaginal bleeding/spotting that you describe without examining you. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the bleeding/spotting during or after intercourse that you describe. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you in controlling it. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.