Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

after 10 mos medicine i take tb blood test i got positive

User Profile
hi i was take medicine for tb 10month I start in 10-16-2014 to 08-14-2015 .my doctor told me that you tb is clear .now i take tb blood test i got positive results is
tb antigen minus 0.961
mitogen minus. 11.930
please tell me that i am having tb or not

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2016
Tuberculosis Answer A57300
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Blood tests are not done for Tb, sputum analysis, AFB, GEne expert are considered for active TB infection> Ignore the antigens and antibody titres.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.