Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

After Mono, swollen lymph nodes, jaw pain, flair most w/ stress

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am a relatively healthy 33 year old female. I was diagnosed with Mono once in high school and once again for the second time about a year and a half ago. Ever since this round of mono, my jaw and lymphnodes (under my ears at the back of my jaw) are sore and constantly aching. Its causing pain in my ears and a constant aching from my ears to my jaw and throat. Now whenever I get stressed, I immediately feel the pain/aching in my lymph node/jaw area - its an automatic reaction.

2 weeks ago I saw an ENT doctor about it again and he found a large lump where that lymph node is and ordered an emergency MRI. Results showed no sign of a tumor, but suggest an overactive lymph node. The doctor suggested massage, relaxation, etc. Which I tried and none of them work. He also prescribed steroids as a backup fix (which I haven't taken yet).

Massage and heat don't help. Will this ever go away? Is there a cure to minimize these symptoms i feel in my jaw, ears and throat? Do I still have mono in my system? Any advice would be appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2012
I was wondering if this ever resolved for you ? I contracted mono in febuary with a massive relapse in may of this year. I to have a parotid gland behind my left jaw under the ear that has swollen and has gone up and down for a month and a half now......I am kinda at my whits end hear. It seems the glands in my arm pits and even in my chest area seem to flare up as well and the more I stress about it the worse they get. Like others, it seems the anxiety from dealing with the strange symptoms are worse than anything.......
|

replied August 1st, 2012
I was wondering if this ever resolved for you ? I contracted mono in febuary with a massive relapse in may of this year. I to have a parotid gland behind my left jaw under the ear that has swollen and has gone up and down for a month and a half now......I am kinda at my whits end hear. It seems the glands in my arm pits and even in my chest area seem to flare up as well and the more I stress about it the worse they get. Like others, it seems the anxiety from dealing with the strange symptoms are worse than anything.......
|