i had a lumber punture 8 days ago,because i had a headache for 10 days during the proceedure i had alot of electric shocks in my left thigh,now im having trouble walking on my left leg and the pain is in the same place as the shocks where.what is wrong! will the pain go away will i continue to have trouble walking forever
The electrical shocks were due to irritation of a nerve root. Hopefully, you told the doctor who was doing the procedure, so the needle could be redirected. But, in any cause the nerve was irritated. How badly, cannot be determined at the present time. In the majority of cases, the nerve will "get over it". But, unfortunately, not always.
You need to make sure your physician knows about the persistent symptoms (the physician who will be taking care of you in the long run, because the one who did the procedure may not have been your regular physician). As stated, most of the time, the symptoms will gradually get better.
However, if the symptoms persist, then some medicines which help with nerve pain can be tried, such as gabapentin (Neurontin) or pregabalin (Lyrica).
Also, if the symptoms persist, then studies may need to be done to determine what type of damage the nerve sustained. However, these usually can't be done for at least 6 weeks, sometimes 3 months. The electrical studies may be able to determine if the nerve is getting better or if it is at a static plateau.
Hope your symptoms get gradually better. Good luck.