Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

After depression is conquered ?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I've been severely depressed for six years now, and have been trying everything to get out of it. It's taking my dreams and hopes away from me and slowly my will to live. There is nothing that triggered the depression, it just sort of crept its way into my life. Everyday for me is a struggle to get out of bed and do everyday things like shower and get dressed. I constantly feel like I'm always just trying to keep my head above the water. I dream of the day of feeling carefree and peaceful. I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. The depression seems like this unseen "being" that has almost complete control of my life. Like it's holding me down, and just won't let me go. Anyway, I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of living this life for another 5 or 10 years and I can't imagine it. I wouldn't say I'm suicidal, but I can't live this way.
I'm looking for some hope from people who have had a similar experience with depression as I have, meaning that it came on without reason, lasted for over 5 years, etc... I want to know what it's like after you became yourself again, and is that person the same person as the one before the depression?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Supporter
i've been in battle with depression for 18 years and im 32 years old. i tried therapy, prozac, now im looking into herbs hpt-5 & st.johns worth to boost your serotonin levels. i understand how it comes in goes.... when im in a relationship they expect me being moody. when it's server as yours, it's good to find someone you can talk to family, friend, pastor. i also would suggest you see a therapist. write in a journal about your feelings, use prayer, try to go to church (it can make you feel good). pamper yourself and research herbs for depression-raise serotonin levels.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply