Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

After being ill i dont know how to get my life back together.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I don't know how to get my old life back? After being at Uni for about 6 months i became really ill. I'd managed to get glandular fever which meant 3 months of staying in bed. Once i was better i threw myself into everyday life really but this had a negative effect and it became M.E. This was not diagnoised until 18 months later. I nearly failed my uni, but wasnt able to get extra help as i had no diagnosis. I spent days in bed not able to shower or cook for myself, i experienced extreme fatigue with musle aches, my balance giving way randomly and a massive decline in my cognitive abilities. A standard treatment for this is anti-depressents but i am off these now. I am now starting to get my life back on track with these symptoms but now less extreme.
The thing is is i dont know how to, i cry for no reason at the thought of me before i was ill. I want to be that person again but i dont think that that will ever happen. I have lost all contact with groups of freinds, i have lost things that make me happy, i have lost who i am. On the same day as the M.E diagonisi i was told i had polysystic ovaries which had contributed to the 2 and a half stone weight gain and the low self esteem of myself. I just dont know what to do or how to be again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|