Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

After a panic attack.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
How do you feel after you have a panic attack? I've been having severe panic attacks for the last 3 days pretty much non stop and now that its over I feel tired like normally but I also feel just mentally drained its hard to explain its like i don't feel like I know where I am and I don't feel like myself everything just looks and feels really weird to me. Does anyone feel this way after bad panic attacks?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper almond1
|

replied July 6th, 2013
Panic attacks are extremely tiring both physically and mentally. Almost like a migraine, I get a panic attack, I am completely exhausted.
|

replied July 7th, 2013
I agree, one of the worst side effects of this crap. Sometimes when the attacks run I'm concurrent days for a few...I can literally feel like I was beaten with a bat for a day, almost ironically the exhaustion which feels abnormal since my mind knows I haven't done anything can trigger more anxiety in me like something is wrong. Its the worst circle ever
|

replied July 7th, 2013
they are very exhausting, especially if you are having them for days in a row. I find the hardest smyptom to deal with with mine is the "dream like" moments I have where everything around me feels like a dream and it makes me panic more.
|

replied July 9th, 2013
That's very true also. I've been getting the racy heart feeling more and more, sometimes my main symptom which obviously causes more panic, and its been very exhausting. It happened at work today and I literally wanted to run away, I said no was going to the store and took a seat on a step a block or two away from our job site and it took about 20 minutes or so to gather myself. It was terrible and left me so tired I couldn't even finish the day at normal pace, I had play sick and light duty myself thru the last 3 hours of the day. That's not gonna last long if it keeps happening lol
|

replied July 27th, 2013
Swimming head then disoriented. Disorientation goes away then tird. Been going on for 2 yrs. Any long conversation that I have tofocus on or in a room for long period of time will do it. Xanax and cymbalta helped. While on that I couldn't stand loud noises. Put on klonopin and loud noises ok but still happenin. EEG, mri, blood work, ct, all have been perfect. One time had sinus infection. Took antibiotic and went away. But comes back. Dr. Ran me through all anti depressents. All cause worsing symptoms. Don't know anymore. It goes away and I have hope again but wgen it comes back I have none. Due to fact of how am I gonna function.
|

replied July 27th, 2013
Swimming head then disoriented. Disorientation goes away then tird. Been going on for 2 yrs. Any long conversation that I have tofocus on or in a room for long period of time will do it. Xanax and cymbalta helped. While on that I couldn't stand loud noises. Put on klonopin and loud noises ok but still happenin. EEG, mri, blood work, ct, all have been perfect. One time had sinus infection. Took antibiotic and went away. But comes back. Dr. Ran me through all anti depressents. All cause worsing symptoms. Don't know anymore. It goes away and I have hope again but wgen it comes back I have none. Due to fact of how am I gonna function.
|