Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Advice about testicular lumps

User Profile
Hi, I got really freaked out today when i noticed a lump/ node near my testicles today. I mean the lump is not new or anything cause I've known about it for at least 4 months. Now the reason on why i am consulting you is because I have taken more notice to it and the lump is also changing to a bruise type red. Now to answer the question about "why are you telling us now and not 4 months ago" is just because of where it's located...
This bump thing is not positioned on the actual sack it's self. It's located above the sack and at the base of the shaft. So i am not really sure if its on the sack or not. It's sort of like a half-way thing. The only thing i can tell you is that its a lump and it has a bruise color to it and i have had it for more that 4 months. And plus the fact that i can visually see it on the skin compared to on the testicle. Well i am really confused on this so if you could possibly help me out it would be greatly appreciated...

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2009
Testicular Cancer Answer A5224
It is, of course, impossible to render a specific diagnosis over the Internet, and without actually examining this lesion. Based upon your description, anyway, this lump does not appear to be associated with your testicle. Unfortunately, there are multiple possibilities, ranging from sexually transmitted diseases to benign skin lesions to (less likely) malignant skin lesions.

If this lump persists, and especially if it is changing in size, color, shape or consistency, it should be evaluated by your physician.


Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.