Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Advantages & disadvantages of masturbation (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hello all.

Can you tell me the advantages & disadvatages of masturbation?? I'll be thankful to get answers Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Baiz
|

replied February 7th, 2009
RE
Advantage...
You need to have partner to do that..

Disadvantage....

Oh there is no Partner.
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2009
Supporter
There are actually some health benefits to masturbation. Many times we forget that sexual health is a component of overall health. My sister, who was a secondary virgin and awaiting Mr. Right, went through a phase where she was passing out several times a week. When she went to the doctor the first thing he asked her was "When is the last time you had sex?" This is an extreme example but it shows how the buildup of sexual tension can physically affect a person. Here are some other benefits:
-In masturbating, a person learns how they like to be touched and can express this to a partner for more pleasurable sex
-It's safer than sex with another person in that you don't have to worry about pregnancy or an STD
-For women, masturbation eases PMS and menstrual cramps
-Masturbation causes muscle relaxation and an overall calming affect afterwards. The release of endorphins causes feelings of physical and mental well-being so it also reduces stress.
-Masturbation enhances self-esteem
-It helps you fall asleep

Here are some disadvantages to masturbating:
-It can interfere with a relationship if you enjoy it so much that you forego sex with a partner to masturbate instead
-Frequent rigorous masturbation without lubrication can cause scratches or cuts
-Anxiety and guilt over masturbation can lead to unhealthy opinions of sex and, ultimately, sexual disfunction
-Although it is very rare, some people have been known to become addicted to masturbating. However, masturbating up to several times a day is considered normal, especially for males.
I hope this information is helpful.
|
Users who thank deteragram for this post: Baiz 

replied July 18th, 2012
what if we get scartches and cuts
|

replied May 26th, 2009
more than 2 times a MONTH is abnormal
masturbation stops height ,you experience hairfall ,your memory become less ,you loose many proteins and growth hormones,it is forbidden in all religions ,it is abnormal to masturbate more than 2 times a month. all this info is perfectly valid and has been derived after much research so dont hasitate in acting according to it .It would always help every person
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied January 27th, 2012
What is the diff between masturbation and having sex then? anyway we ejaculate in both ways, then why don't we have these problems if we have sex????
|

replied April 15th, 2012
No itz nt tru....mastervatn increases da height...frm whr u hv reschrd,...itz totaly fake wateva u r saying....
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied September 11th, 2012
I don know whether it affects height but my self a live example for experiencing hairfall and memory loss. Iam 22 now and ya i used to mastrubate regularly but now just twice or thrice a month. I did my own research on this stuff and yes hairfall and memory loss are the worst symptoms you would be facing if your regular. One more point that i found through my research was that our sperm is a complex of certain vitamins like A and B vitamin groups mostly. It also carries protein that builds tissues and bones. So my honest opinion about mastrubation is try to avoid to the max..but if your an addict start taking vitamin capsules to build your vitamins back to normal.Hope it helps a lot of people. Its a personal life experience Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2009
Supporter
You forgot to mention that it causes hair to grow on your palms.
I'm sorry. That comment was uncalled for. But I have to ask. Where did you get that information, daniel1234?
|

replied September 8th, 2009
I am doing it since I was 11, now im 37 and it releases tension and depression. i overmasturbate and now im sex addict.
|

replied September 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Re: more than 2 times a MONTH is abnormal
daniel1234 wrote:
masturbation stops height ,you experience hairfall ,your memory become less ,you loose many proteins and growth hormones,it is forbidden in all religions ,it is abnormal to masturbate more than 2 times a month. all this info is perfectly valid and has been derived after much research so dont hasitate in acting according to it .It would always help every person

Sorry no..
Masturbation in men causes and increase of production of testosterone. If started during puberty it stands a chance of increasing height and muscle mass as well as hair growth, which may or may not desirable. Studies being conducted on ejaculation and brain function point towards enhance memory and lingual ability. I have seen no credible information that suggests that masturbation can impede memory unless it is done to the point of physical exhaustion, even then normal brain function returns with rest. Neither Masturbation or ejaculation has any direct impact on growth hormones, they are not emitted as a part of semen. The Proteins expelled when a man ejaculates are unable to be used by the body, they are created in the testes to nourish sperm and their only purpose involves being shot out of the body. Many religions discourage masturbation, only Roman Catholicism forbids it. At least two religions I know of ritualized masturbation. The AMA recommends men masturbate daily to maintain healthy reproductive function and help fight escalated risks of prostate cancer.
|

replied July 5th, 2012
these advantages only happen if you actually cum dont they?
|

replied May 12th, 2011
Masturbation is bad!!
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
i feel good to do it even if it is bed
|

replied November 10th, 2011
masturbating
I love doing it
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Masturbation
life's too short, just shoot your water gun and enjoy it!
|

replied May 6th, 2012
hahaha.....good idea
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
To All,
I masturbate regularly (age 79y). Enjoy every moment. All young boys (and girls) should be told at an early age it is fine to do so (you won't go blind). In fact I think From the age of ten we should encourage masturbation for children. Under supervision and correct instruction. No demonstration physically. No touching the child by demonstrater. Strickly healthy instruction.
|

replied October 18th, 2012
Sick Old Man!!!
|

replied December 29th, 2011
Masturbation is good
Masturbation is good for our health, specially men 7-8 times in a month is good but always use lubricant like vaseline,cream,mustard oil etc. People say it's makes u weaker and stop u growth totally wrong..I'm doing mustarbation when I was 13 now i'm 21 and i'm stronger and healthy my height 5'9" I really enjoy masturbation it's feel like heaven...
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Hey !**@!'s all of your completely wrong !!
Masturbation stops body growth, of course muscles also.
Your body gets weaker and weaker day by day, and even your legs wont be strong, " Women's Or Masturbation Weaken Legs ".
|

replied January 10th, 2012
How can chritian stop doing this?
I really feel glad when i masturbate, i started it when i was 17 now am 22, and it haven't worry me at all, but now i give my life to christ and it hard for me to live it, so i don't know what to do.
|

replied October 6th, 2012
@ Festid, you need first all acknowledge that masturbation is sin, then confess to God, He will forgive and ask Him for the grace to overcome it. Make up ur mind to glorify God in your body. Remember, your body is the temple to the Holy Ghost who is you, you are no longer your own, you are bought with a price. Also, created man and woman so that man will not be alone (including sexually) so sex should be between a man and woman, therefore any type of sex alone is against the will of God.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
h
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions. Excessive stimulation can result in over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin.

Abundant and unusually large amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively masturbates.

Note: Masturbation is a healthy sexual behavior. Like other behaviors, when over practiced or addicted it can lead to both psychological and physiological imbalances.

The side effects of such changes to the body include:
Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
Lower back pain
Stress / Anxiety
Thinning hair / Hair Loss
Soft / Weak Erection
Premature Ejaculation
Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
Groin / Testicular Pain
Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

How much is too much masturbation (and sex for that matter)? That depends but it's suggested men keep their ejaculation frequency down to 2-3 times a week. However, sexual activity can be experienced more often if men learn how to orgasm without ejaculation. Doing so can actually store bioenergy into your system and make your penis firmer, your erections last longer, and your ejaculate volume bigger.

Over masturbation participants experience problems with concentration and memory. This is a dangerous side effect of over masturbation and signals that the brain is being over drained of acetycholine. Over masturbation drains motor neurons and neuro-muscular endings of acetycholine, which is eventually replaced. Over masturbation can lead to absentmindedness, memory loss, lack of concentration, and eye floaters. To fight these symptoms, the chemical levels in your body needs to be balanced.

Notice a pattern yet? The plethora of problems associated with over masturbation come from the fact that your body is drained of important nutrients and hormones from over masturbation.
|
Users who thank xleeboi for this post: thanx  greatboy 

replied June 19th, 2012
HELP
Hi xleeboi
thx for ur article it was very useful. I am one of the person who mas*** as i thought it was good but u r article and my symptoms are matching closely . I also feel guilty after doing it. I am student i definetly dont want to have a weak body and poor memory is there any way that i can bring back my health to normal posistion by having a good diet or something.... I have been doing it for past 3 yrs might be i would have done around 40-50 times so far i am 19 yrs now. Pls suggest me a way to bring back my health.. thankyou...
|

replied August 8th, 2013
Thanks alot for your helpful article, but which are the body chemical and how should i balance them?
|

replied April 1st, 2012
DISADVANTAGES OF MASTURBATION....
Friend,
*sperm is made up of calories and if it loose from body
* a 1 drop of seamen is made by 8 drops of blood the overall performance of body get imbalanced.
*now a days most of the people are addicted to masturbation and get loose sperm regulatory from body.
*those person do masturbation they go against nature law because nature law is night fall it may be happen in 1-2 times in month.
*those people addicted to masturbation they are loose their 30-40 % memory of recalling
* physical appearance is slim
*no pimples on face but may be 1-2.
* hair-fall problem
*in girls menstrual crises,dag circles,large gap in legs during walking, wrinkles of skin before age

BY.. ATUL(SUNNY)
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2012
People have reported problems when they indulge heavily in this habit. Problems most commonly reported are:
Weak erection, Premature ejaculation, impotency, in-voluntary discharges, Headaches and memory problems.
So Make your choices wisely.
|

replied May 11th, 2012
Can u hear urself? Tel urself dt if masturbation makes u feel better. For me. It doesnt and will never do me a whole lot of good. Any1 wt any ties to masturbation has to be reminded dt he/she is in danger right nw.
|

replied March 13th, 2013
yes
|
12 >>