Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Adult with mono/ebv- cured??

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I don't want to re-tell my whole long story. You can find it here on the forum if you want all the details. I am 40 year old who has been through hell- one month very sick- chills, fever, loss of appetite; then another month of brain fog, feeling weird, jittery, nervous, depersonalized...needing to lie down most of the day.

I noticed for about a month that I am perfect in the AM- usually symptoms hit around noon or so. I also noticed that I felt wonderful often at bedtime- the whole awful thing would just disappear. Also I never feel bad at night. Never wake up feeling weird/cruddy. Here's the thing: when I first got sick I started taking Lunesta because I could not sleep (severe chills, malaise, etc). I notice that when I take the Lunesta (at bedtime) my symptoms seem to disappear and I feel good again.

Yesterday afternoon when the fog/malaise returned I took a very tiny bit of Lunesta- like a quarter tablet- and I seemed to feel much better within an hour. Now I am wondering if maybe my symptoms are a weird side effect of Lunesta- or perhaps a combination of the med and the mono. Could it be purely coincidence? I don't know. I think I will try getting off the Lunesta entirely and see if my symptoms go away. In the meantime, at least I feel I have some relief from this. I just don't know what this means. When I take the small amount of lunesta I don't feel sleepy.

I am cautiously optimistic that this is Lunesta-related. I REALLY want to believe that, since that is lot easier to fix than some weird/chronic illness that comes and goes. My life has been awful since this started.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy (online)
Did you find this post helpful?