Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

ADHD

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
User Profile
Is it reasonable to ask my doctor about trying an ADHD medicine when I did not like Adderall? I know it sounds kind of a bizarre question but I took a genesight test to see how I would react to meds and it says every ADHD med is in the middle or "moderate gene-drug interaction" category. I want to see if it would help with ADHD but I did not have a good reaction to Adderall quick release tabs. I realize I should talk to my doctor as I haven't seen him in like 2 months at least. He's been out of the office and I had college finals to deal with. I also thought about maybe suggesting Wellbutrin or concerta but I really don't know. My OLD pscyhiatrist suggested Vyvanse which I REALLY like the sound of but with the eating trouble I think Adderall XR or Dexedrine would be good. I DID take a genesight test and it said that all stimulants are in my "middle category." I want to see what my doctor would say but as I have had to wait like 3 months soon to see him I'm getting really inpatient. I'm really hyperactive but not as much inattentive. My brother takes Adderall XR and does fantastic! I think I might want to try something different though as Adderall didn't work all that great with me. It's hard to concentrate and do well in school and my grades aren't doing all that great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply