Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

ADHD-Adult

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
Now that it is so difficult to get aderrall, what are some good recommended substitutes that are available? What have been people's experiences?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2012
My husband has adhd but is in denial! There is Foclian, concerta, straterra, Ritalin, and antidepressants that can help. But u have to realize u might have this problem. Be careful and monitor ur Meds as u feel, do not leave it totally in the hands of ur doctor. You are the one who knows if u feel better or worse, so express that to your doctor or things won't change. I'm having my husband tested, it is my last resort, he feels like I and everyone thinks he's stupid, which is not the case, it's a problem u need to deal with. Get the help u need, it will only get worse, for me I've don't research and this is my final act to get him tested, he has anger issues. Then I will have to make a descion whether to stay or go. Don't let yourself get to this point. Get the help u need. Janie
|

replied July 28th, 2012
Experienced User
I feel for you Janine! I was just diagnosed with adult ADD on July 20th and I lost the love of my life on 6/20/12. LAst DEcember it was suspected that I have Adult ADD as I was acting very impulsively in stressful situations and breaking off a good relationship. I was scheduled to go in March 2012, but two weeks before they called up and rescheduled me for 6/27/12! I'm 36 years old. I'm currently on Wellbutrin that I take twice daily. I'm just devastated that I have lost the love of my life due to this disorder.
|