Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Addiction To Rubbing Vagina?

I think I have an addiction to rubbing my vagina. I prop my hands onto any surface- a desk, table, chairs, any flat surface. Then I place my vagina on top of my hands and pick my feet off the ground so that I'm balancing on my hands. I rub my vagina for about a minute until I get an amazing feeling. I think it's an orgasm that I wait for. I say I think because I'm not sure. I have been doing this for about 5 years, and I do it at any opportunity I have. It's gotten so bad that I skip class to do it in the bathroom. I am addicted. I set goals for myself, like to finally stop on a holiday but I just can't do it. I always end up addicted to it again. I'm wondering if I am the only one.. Please help me. I'm addicted and lost. Is this unsafe or unhealthy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 7th, 2011
Community Volunteer
You are masturbating. The amazing feeling is an orgasm. Some women do masturbate like you do. This method is often referred to as humping. There is a thread on this topic here: http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic116438 .html

Some women use pillows, or blankets, or stuffed animals, or hump the side of a bed, table, sink, bath tub, night stand, chair or whatever is around.

Masturbation is perfectly fine and healthy, until it becomes the focus of your life, like in your case. As soon as you stop doing what you should to masturbate, it is psychologically unhealthy. Not unhealthy for your body, but unhealthy for your mind and relationships.

The real thing to do is to seek help from a therapist or councillor. These people are trained to deal with these issues. Speak to your mom. It is not an easy conversation, but if you want to get help, that is something you will have to do.

Stopping masturbation is normally not going to help. It will just create tremendous urges. When you orgasm, some hormones are secreted into your brain and blood stream. These hormones are meant for you to feel good and want more orgasms. So it is as if you get addicted to it. That is why the more sex you have, the more you want. Same goes for masturbation.

Instead of stopping, just start to limit yourself. Start with twice a day, and only at home, not in public bathrooms. Then start to reduce it to only once every second day, then once a day, then every second day and so forth. Consider your orgasm as a reward for following the schedule and make the most of it. It is after all some quality time you are spending with yourself exercising some of the most basic human instincts and needs.

Secondly you have to find something to keep your mind busy. A hobby and/or sport. Do not just hang around in your room. Keep your mind and body busy. Seek out opportunities to be with friends, not on your own.

Lastly, you need to start to masturbate in more common ways. (I am avoiding the words natural and normal on purpose. What you are doing is normal and natural, just not the common way.) When you become sexually active, you will find it difficult to orgasm with your partner during sex. There is no chance that you can replicate your programmed orgasm response during intercourse. You cannot get on top of him and replicate the pressure and movements. Unfortunately by doing something over and over and over, you program your neural pathways and brain to expect that type of stimulation to orgasm. You have to be able to lie down and stimulate yourself to orgasm through lighter touch of your clitoris.

Your first step will have to be to lie on your back and use an electric body massager on your clitoris. Once you have mastered that, you can move to lighter touch or less powerful vibrators. It might take you quite a bit of time and be very frustrating. But it is better to experience this now, rather than later when you are in a relationship and it frustrates both you and your partner.
|

replied December 29th, 2013
I always get that! I have been doing it for many years, and I can't stop! I thought I was the only one and I felt so alone.
|

replied December 29th, 2013
I always get that! I have been doing it for many years, and I can't stop! I thought I was the only one and I felt so alone.
|

replied December 30th, 2013
Community Volunteer
LOL, with so many billions of women on planet earth, it is very very very very very unlikely that you will be the only one doing anything.

Your body crave the pleasure and the good chemicals released in your brain and blood when you have an orgasm. The more you orgasm, the more you want to orgasm.

While no harm is done, go for it.

Take care!
|