Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Addiction

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I've become very addicted to Wildons xxx peppermint sweets and I always crave them. When I don't have them for a certain period of time, I begin to sometimes smell them or even taste them.
Is there something wrong with me??
Am I lacking a certain vitamin??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2017
I was unaware of what those were, but it looks like they are a very strong peppermint candy. It would probably be easy to get hooked on something so concentrated. I don't believe you are lacking in a certain vitamin, though how is your diet? We can't rule that out, but as far as being hooked on peppermint, I don't think the two are connected.

Since the smell is powerful, it is probably normal if you are craving them to imagine smelling peppermint. Take what you eat of them today, and divide that into thirds. Eat one third less tomorrow, then divide that amount into thirds, keep working your way down by thirds every day until you're down to one tablet of candy a day.

At that point you have to make the tough call of stopping altogether. It won't be easy but if you want to stop craving them and being dependent on them, it's important for you to give yourself a long break from them.

Best of luck, take care.
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2017
Experienced User
It seems normal for you if you are craving them in imagine. But remember, notice that, don't eat more that probably call addiction.
|
Quick Reply