Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Addicted to food !!

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
User Profile
I need serious help. Ive always had a battle with my weight ever since I was a youngin. In high school I would bloat up and gain weight..then somehow I would thin down some.

Years after high school I got a boyfriend and we broke up. From that emotional heartache I lost my appetite and lost a lot of weight. We are back together again (still happily with him) and Im packing on the weight again. Its really bad this time tho. Ive gained so much, Im always tired now, Its making me depressed, and the heartburn is terrible! We binge eat and then go a few days of light eating. And its always the crappiest food to eat. I have gained 12 lbs in 3 months!

If im not eating Im thinking about what I would like to eat. Same with drinks. If theres food infront of me...ill eat it. I used to excersise but ive gotten lazy with it and I think I need to kick the addiction before I hit the gym again. I feel like crap and I can feel the extra weight jiggle when I walk. What do I do?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2009
Supporter
I can relate. Are you sure you guys are happy? or do you have unresolved issues yourself that you haven't dealt with?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
I think I might be too happy. Because when we broke up I made myself sick to my stomache over the emotional stress so I would never eat. Now that we're back together again, I think im too comfortable and too happy because he will love me no matter my size, he still thinks im sexy, but I feel like a cow! Im so discusted with myself but I still cant put down the food.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2009
Supporter
hi i have to agree with harmony 1 as its sounds to me like your comfort eating to make yourself feel better.
i would suggest you keep a diary of when you eat the most and why? We as women all have weight issues but we need to learn how to address our own ways of dealing with it.
If you want to lose weight you have to look at any other harbouring issues you have and you have a clear path to start your diet.
When you feel good about you its amazing what you can do. I think somewhere down the line you have had a serious self confidence knock.
good luck your not alone.
|
Quick Reply