Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Addicted to cutting

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
I'm 13 and i have a really big issue. Whenever i feel down or am just upset or even stress i take my mind off of it with a razor. I have scars all over. I've been doing this for three years now. I refuse to talk to someone about this issue because i feel like everyone judges me. I've had depression for about three years now as well. I just don't know what else to do. I'm also starting to burn myself. I've often times thought about what life would be like without me. The cutting takes my mind off this stuff. I need to do something. My cutting is getting harder and harder to hide. I don't know what to do anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2010
You should consult. Its the only option, do it, I know you can.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Supporter
Honey you and I both know the cutting doesn't take your mind off..The cutting is just something else that hurts you..Burning is not an answer either..

You need to talk wioth your parents, councelor someone that you trust so that you can get all your feelings out..

Use a diary to wirte your feelings, run, bike, do arobics, kick boxing anything to use that energy in a positive way..

You are the only one who can stop you! You are 13-it is hard enough being a teenager-remove the blade from the equation period..k
|

replied March 30th, 2010
you need someone to talk to i am also 13 years old and i cutted myself to i got talked to by a concilor and i felt way better i stoped and now i acually have alot of people wanting to be my friend my life is way better now i can talk and i dont need to hide anything i used bio oil to get rid of my scars and they all worked i also cut in bettewen my legs and i stop everything i no do kickboxing and have alot of people there to support me i still go to my school concilor and talk to her about things when im down cause when i talk to someone i fell way more beetter then keeping it all in then cutting myself dont do it anymore trust me you will feel so much better
|
Users who thank babygirl35 for this post: kdlee 

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2010
Supporter
babygirl35-I am glad you got help and feeling better..Thank you also for posting such a postive post..k
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2010
sweety i am 30 yrs old and i too cut myself, when i get the urge to cut i grab a rubber band put it on my wrist and snap it as hard as i can. for me cutting is a way of relieving the pain i feel, so buy snapping the rubber band as hard as i can helps because i am subsituting one pain for another. i hope this works for you. keep your head up.
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2010
Supporter
Hi Mariaponce01, I had thought for a while that the rubberband was a good idea but the problem is just that a subsitute that hurts..Honey I am not putting you down please believe that..I just hate that one pain moves to something else and for some it''s onto soemthing else much worse..

The need to get away from self pain all together and the need to learn to deal with all the aggravation and outside world pain differently..That is why I push exercise hard to get past the cutting, rubberbands and burning..In a way hard exercise is a pain in itself but it is one that gives back to us a stronger body..Mentally a person tires out after a good hard exercise and pysically as well..

It would be so great to one day see that the self injury was non existant..THere is way too much in this world that can hurt us if we are not careful-we don''t need to do it to ourselves..Self injury is allowing what ever pain began the self injury to win again..Self injury allows the bully, the abusive husband, uncle, sister, mother, child to be one up on us..A self abuser accepts what happens to them and tries to find a way out in the way of being able to control something-their own pain..So why not control it creatively by exercise..k
|

replied February 27th, 2014
one thing that i've found is helpful, is making the wonderloom braclets by hand. after a while it numbs your fingertips, but your also creating and being productive. and cooking is good too. get a head of lettuce and just swing at it or shave chocolate, i find holding the knife to be helpful, but using it for a purpose aside from hurting myself. i'm clean for almost 4 mos. keep working, your in my prayers.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
hi guys,im 13 aswell and cut myself badly i almost killed myself,so one day i decided to stop.Sweetsunshinelove your not alone you have alot of people wanting to help you,please talk to somebody that you trust and believe me its not your parents AT FIRST parents are always ready to reasuure you but talk to someone your not emotionally attached to like a teacher or something xx
|

replied April 26th, 2011
selfharmer
I am 14 i also cut a lot i actually carve words into my arm. For all you people that say it doesnt help... It actually does. Sure its not something to recomend or start but it helps you feel better. Talking to an adult makes peoplenqant to cut more. I would know. Just if its getting to the point it nonstop bleeds, alk to a parenent.. Isont want any one dying. If you're addicted to cutting you stop the addiction like any other addiction, time so give yourself time and limit yourself to number of cuts per week. Ihope ican help i love you all your beautiful smile<3
|

replied December 21st, 2012
I'm 15. And I have the same problem. But it's not the answer. Go to twloha.com. I found hope there. <3
|

replied August 1st, 2013
Self Harming and Suicide
I'm 14 and started cutting at the age of 7. I started going CAMHS a few months ago, and told them about it and they told me a few things: Use an elastic band. Use a water-soluble red pen and draw lines on your arms where you normally cut. I hope this helps xx
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2013
Experienced User
Depression self-conditioning summarized in the following five points
First, the most interesting thing to do . If the cause is not successful, think of ways to improve their skills , the most interesting thing from start ; , or to look for another chance to succeed. There are plans to do to be happy and confident activities, especially on weekends , such as cleaning the house , riding a car, write , listen to music , shopping and so on.
Second, the normal rules of life is also very important . Time to eat as much as possible , living a regular day, arrange some time to exercise. Participate in physical exercise can improve people's mental state , improve the function of the autonomic nervous system , is beneficial for mental health.
Three , to make good friend . Regular contacts and friends , his mental state is much better than the lonely man alone , especially in the ailing , the " friend is a good doctor ."
Fourth, pay more humorous friend. The first is his heart 's intimate , but also to make some witty , hilarious , enjoyable friends .
Five , more interaction with friends . Develop and maintain regular contact with friends habit , so to avoid divorce and loneliness and a sense of healing , relieve symptoms of depression.
|

replied December 3rd, 2013
I'm 16 and i've been cutting since i was 12. at this point i am addicted and have been hospitalized 5 times. I'm am trying to stop but its hard. I have also thought about suicide but i don't want to hurt my family. I have tried the butterfly, the red pen, ice and a rubberband and it doesn't seem to help. however, watching a funny tv show like himym or dr.who helps me stop thinking about cutting. i also listen to music and it does help. i find the song let your heart hold fast by fort atlantic very helpful. i'm one month "clean" and its a struggle. talking can be helpful, but its hard to start. i found one site that lets you cut the screen called fatal to the flesh, and you can cut the screen. its not right for everyone but it helps me get through the moment!
|