Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

addict after drink I get chest pain...

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
hi. I'm 31. Drinking years. Lately after drink I get chest pain. Been to doc. All fine. Stopped drinking . But started againand pain back.,I can't sleep am anguish all day. Anyone any tips on pain relief?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Experienced User
Doctors are the best way. Insist on pain relief and don't leave till you get it. One of my friends even has oxycontin because she talked the doc into it. That's hillbilly heroin in case you didn't know. Stops all feelings.

Trouble is, today many doctors will not treat drug addicts or alcoholics until they are clean.

You say the pain came back when you resumed drinking. I suppose it's too easy to just give up the grog again? I drank for 35 years and gave up overnight as I became violent that last night. You have the same sort of incentive. Stop or suffer the pain.
|

replied March 20th, 2012
Alcoholic chest pains
I have had the same problem. After I was admitted to the hospital for alcohol poisoning (still dont know how I got there or who took me) I had the pain in my chest. It almost feels like when you get in a bad car accident and the seatbelt whacks you really hard. I kept expecting to wake up and find a huge bruise right in the center of my breast bone. At first I thought I hit it on something or it happened while I was blacked out but now nearly everytime I have more than a few drinks the severe chest pain returns. I'm not sure what causes that. I have cut down my drinking considerably since then and I am feeling a lot better although I am having a hard time dealing with the damage I caused my body. The doctors told me that I was lucky to be alive after having a tox level that high and that I may have some permanent damage. Heart or lung problems are not out of the question. Also an ulcer could cause chest pains, I don't know if that would be as painful though. Maybe the alcohol exaggerates it...
|

replied March 28th, 2012
Experienced User
If you can't able to stop drinking immediately then do it step by step and after some time you can stop your drinking habit. it will help to stop your drinking addiction and also help to lower your chest pain. Doctor are the best adviser. Please follow their suggestions.
|