Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

acne left blimishes

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
hi doctor i had pimples before which left some spots on my face and some small spots too .....i used many medicines and creams but of no use and lastly i tried proactive which made my skin dry totlly looking very hardly ...can i have some laser treatment so that i can my skin rebuild and glow ???does laser treatment has any sideaffects in future to my face????please suggets me if any good treatments are available basically i'm from hyderabad so i want to get the treatment over there..and how much would it cost please suggest and help me doctor asap..thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2010
Hi,

Acne scars are scars with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment.

Laser treatment is not without side effects and hypopigmentation and redness and dermatitis are common side effects. so please discuss it with your doctor before going in for any laser treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.