Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Acne either on forehead or face.

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Since I hit puberty at age 10 I started to get acne, it only appeared on my forehead though. I didn't get my first period until I was almost 14. The zits always bothered me, even though people kept saying they've seen worse and that I should be lucky to have it the way I had it.

Now, 19, I still have them. And I'm sick of it. Several times have I visited my general practitioner, and he claims there's nothing he can do, he only has aggressive things but he says it's best if I don't because it's not that bad.

Having never had a zit/scarless face like other girls for 9 years is not that bad!? Well I think it's bad and I'm sick of it. Enough is enough.

By the age of 16 I cut my hair in a bob with a pony, which one would presume make the zits on my forehead increase. But instead, they disappeared. However, they moved to the rest of my face. So for a year or two I had a zitless forehead, which was good because my forehead was full of scars and red marks where the spots had been previously, so it needed to heal. But my lower face now got its chance to get scarred and marked.

Now, since this month I also started to get some on my forehead again. Every year of my teenage life I had hoped that in a year or two I would be clean of zits. I've tried everything but I'm afraid I just need to get my teenage hormones stopped to cure this, which is of course impossible.

What am I to do??? Will I have zits for the rest of my life!?? I'm hitting 20 for crying out loud!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2010
Experienced User
Getting acne during your teenage years is normal, and most of the time for teenagers age 13-16, it is most likely always on their forehead as well as their chin. After age 16, if your acne hasn't cleared up then you will experience it on your cheeks/jawline. This is what is called hormonal acne, and it is characterized by cysts/papules/pustules on the jawline and chin area. There really isn't any other way to get rid of hormonal acne except birth control. The best birth controls I can recommend are OrthoTriCyclen, or Yasmin. However, there are side effects on birth control, so it is important to speak with your doctor before making this decision. You could also talk to your doctor about Accutane, however, if your doctor doesn't think your acne is that bad, he may try and weave around it, as Accutane has extreme/life threatening side effects. The one thing I can recommend are products by Peter Thomas Roth. These products have saved my life. My skin isn't perfect, nor will it ever be, but with PTR products I have seen a drastic difference. You can buy the kit at either Sephora or online at Amazon. I really love the acne kit because it lasts forever.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: skin
Quick Reply